• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Mint spreads like wild fire, always plant in a pot or tub.

And after a mere hour and 20 minutes I've finally found the house keys so I can go to bed.
    Sleep was predictably slow to arrive and not much good when it did.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sage advice (though I don't know if it also applies to sage)

I fell for that old classic, "I'll just finish this bit of code off, it won't take but a few minutes." Two hours later and it finally works…
    I learned many years ago not to do anything technical before going to bed if I didn't want to spend hours designing the tulipe in my head.

Morning all

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Dry.

Already 20 deg in here this morning.

That unpleasant warmth is on its way back to try us.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day out; already 19°C and going to hit 26° later, according to the prognosticators

Think I'll get the exercise bicycling done early before too much of the heat permeates into here.

Comment

Energy levels were above Zero this morning, so small lawn has had a fine tilth of top soil spread on it. "Dead" bed has had 100l of well-rotted farm manure turned in. The heat of the day shall bring the flies in, no doubt?

What to plant in the newly-manured bed?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Energy levels were above Zero this morning, so small lawn has had a fine tilth of top soil spread on it. "Dead" bed has had 100l of well-rotted farm manure turned in. The heat of the day shall bring the flies in, no doubt?

vietnamese tomato plants

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            vietnamese tomato plants
            Nah, hydroponics and grow lamps for those.

Comment

Roses, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Think I'll get the exercise bicycling done early before too much of the heat permeates into here.
                And done; green ring closed

22°C out there, 24° in here, but I've just opened the window that opens the most so the light breeze through that will probably help

Comment

Weather update - 21 degrees

2ns coffee consumed
                  Married

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Roses, of course!
                    I have loads of them....Not the time to plant roses, so will wait until Autumn and take the cuttings into potatoes (it works!).

Vietnamese tomato plants sound "interesting", as do transplanting the "accidental" tomatoes that have grown from seed removals, which get discarded into an old planter.

Sunflowers could do with a a boost!
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I have loads of them....Not the time to plant roses, so will wait until Autumn and take the cuttings into potatoes (it works!).
                      You what?

I have to butcher the rose in the front garden or it'll take over the neighbourhood.

I thought the ancient pink rambler next door was enthusiastic, but this thing is monstrous.

Comment

Working...
                      X