• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, having wound down from the code annoyances, it's time for bed

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning peeps

It is already 18 degrees out and the sky is a beautiful blue. Forecast to reach 27 later Barometer has dropped a little to 1022 mBar. No discernable breeze which I hope changes or else it's going to get very sticky.

First coffee being drunk.

Busy week coming up, I may have work beyond 5 pm a few days.

Comment

Duvet will be ready for collection today. I've rather gotten used to my collection of coverings.

Comment

Morning all

Today has already seen two wins:
          1/ Bug fixed and ticked off in Jira already.
          2/ The full contents of my coffee pot fit in a SportsDirect mug with room left for a splash of organic whole milk.

This is the cheap and cheerful coffee machine that produces surprisingly good results (obviously coffee snobs will moan about it not being a burr grinder but I'm an impoverished permie!):
          Bean-to-cup machine

Works well enough and if I set the coffee and alarm up the night before then there's a pot of coffee waiting for me when I get downstairs in the morning.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Morning all

Today has already seen two wins:
            1/ Bug fixed and ticked off in Jira already.
            2/ The full contents of my coffee pot fit in a SportsDirect mug with room left for a splash of organic whole milk.

This is the cheap and cheerful coffee machine that produces surprisingly good results (obviously coffee snobs will moan about it not being a burr grinder but I'm an impoverished permie!):
            Bean-to-cup machine

Works well enough and if I set the coffee and alarm up the night before then there's a pot of coffee waiting for me when I get downstairs in the morning.
            That looks quite smart - modern day teasmaid I don't like a filter coffee, prefer a shorter drink, but the beauty of coffee is that there is something for everyone out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              That looks quite smart - modern day teasmaid I don't like a filter coffee, prefer a shorter drink, but the beauty of coffee is that there is something for everyone out there.
              I always liked my lattes and flat whites but compared this to the messing around with an aeropress or equivalent and steamer to produce them during the working day (had to let the butler go when I went perm) and settled for this and ordering decent beans instead.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

morning all
                CBS in sunny sarf herts.
                V busy with the old incantationing yesterday.
                less so now the upgrade's in.
                don't care for coffee, never got all the bull that seems to go with it, and the forty thousand buzzwords.
                i'll stick to earl grey thanks.

Comment

Morning all
                  CBS, etc here, very pleasant dog walk earlier.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    nice century drivel
                    Married

Comment

morning all

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - burgers (home cooked)

Weather - sunny, 17 degrees, forecast for 26 degrees, 1009hPa steady

Week ahead - getting warmer
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X