• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The sash is raised
    the windows open? - amazing. how was this miracle achieved?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      The landlord fixed them

Comment

Dinner will be macaroni cheese and chips in that classic double carb way us Brits do so well.

Neither item has been made by me. The mac n cheese is a Charlie Bingham's thing and the chips are McCain's gastro chips.

I hope they mean gastro as in gastro-pub...

Comment

dinner was M&S lasange, with a nice red wine*

tv is DIP 5:1
          on iPlayer
          might morph to HSB later, as it's all on more4
          quiet day tidying up after the major upgrade yesterday.
          it's amazing what a shoehorn and lump hammer can do to get a system in

*clue: it's Spanish

Comment

As oven chips go, the McCain's were pretty good. Nice and crisp outside, fluffy in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The landlord fixed them
              WlmS

Herewith, the saga from early March:

Bloke up a ladder outside my window

I hoped it might be something to do with sorting the damn windows out. Turns out he’s just clearing the guttering around the top of the bay. And looking from below, I don’t think it’s feasible to have a go at the paint round the sashes with a Stanley knife from his ladder; the top of the bay is so high, and triangles are so unaccommodating, that he’s too far away to reach all but the very top of the windows

Speaking of triangles, here’s 40,000 different mathematical definitions of the centre of a triangle: ENCYCLOPEDIA OF TRIANGLE CENTERS
              Turns out it’s the landlord up the ladder; he just came and borrowed my largest Philips screwdriver as he left his tools behind and the guttering has big screws

When he comes back up with it I’m going to broach the subject of the windows. I have no objection, in principle, to him taking grave risks to fix them
              BEDROOM WINDOW OPENS!
              Living Room Windows Open!

One of the living room ones got badly stuck at about a foot open; a lot of hammering and prying later, we managed to get it shut again

That one’s going to be restricted to only opening about six inches from now on, but the other one is OK - well, they’re all a bit stiff, but that’s only to be expected after all this time

Glad it’s a warmish day, as I’m now basking in a gentle flow of fresh 14° air from the window
              If I’d known he could fix it in five minutes with a hammer, screwdriver, and complete disregard for all known principles of safe ladder usage, I would have asked him to years ago

Comment

Turns out there is an extra on the last S1 HSB dvd.

I've only watched 10 minutes of it but it's one of those 30 years later things where they all look really old.

Oddly Henry looks the oldest.

Sewermen is back on Paramount.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 June 2020, 20:14.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just realised I never put the duvet back on the bed. A job for tomorrow as I'm not about to do it now
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 24 June 2020, 07:39. Reason: tired fat finger typos on my mobile

Comment

I'm wondering whether to switch to the summer duvet, but I can't be bothered at this time of night and it'll probably get cold again in a day or two

Comment

Aside from Ambulance whilst eating, tonight's viewing was S3E1 of A House Through Time, also on iPlayer. This series' house is in Bristol, and turned out to be just around the corner from a pub I fairly often had my dinner in after finishing work mid-evening at "Bristol's GWR 96.3 FM" (as they liked to call themselves) nearby back in 2005-6. It's nice to be vaguely familiar with the area while you're watching, though the brief shot of Colston's statue was already outdated within a couple of weeks of the original broadcast towards the end of last month

And I'm pleased to report absolutely no feedback from the right hearing aid, suggesting that the wax problem is now resolved

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X