• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The sunshine’s stopped
    That didn't take long.

In with the hoi polloi.

Rained on me all the way down to town, though I could have caught the bus if I'd wanted.

Some chap is talking about a "2 page CV".

Stone me.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      That didn't take long.
      Indeed. They had to get it out of the way quickly to make room for the rain that’ll be moving in shortly

Some chap is talking about a "2 page CV".

Stone me.
      4pt type and zero-spaced lines might just do it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Indeed. They had to get it out of the way quickly to make room for the rain that’ll be moving in shortly

4pt type and zero-spaced lines might just do it

Yes that was my concept too, with a magnifying glass enclosed for the reader, bit like that Oxford English dictionary I've got somewhere or other.

Although it's Tuesday and thusly Morrisons is engulfed in coffin dodgers busily doing their Tuesday shop, I need some cauliflower and a nice loaf of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread.

Comment

Although it's Tuesday and thusly Morrisons is engulfed in coffin dodgers busily doing their Tuesday shop, I need some cauliflower and a nice loaf of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread.
          Surprisingly coffin dodger free this morning, maybe the deluge kept them at home.

Got it all apart from the cauli, the offerings of which seemed a tad small for my requirements.

Comment

Lunch was a bit of broccoli soup. Too much pepper for my liking but the mushroom soup on offer had a lot more. Didn't eat it all; got fed up halfway through.

Comment

Just finished something off so thought I would mention it on linkedIn (as it's quicker than telling everyone who may be interested directly).

LinkedIn posting seems to be down
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The evening's entertainment began with "Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978)", followed by "Enemy at the Gates (2001)".
                It must be said that the Pink Panther epic is rather closer to reality than the version of Stalingrad depicted in Enemy at the Gates.

Oddly enough, those who know a little about such things rate the film as poor to very poor, the ignorant seem to rate it at 10.

And WTF the sex scene was doing in there is beyond me, FF got used to skip over it.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg (leathery version) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast. rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough.

For no discernible reason a baked potato was produced as well, which was a bit surplus to requirements all in all.

Now listening to the wind howling in the chimney while the jackdaws are tap dancing on the top of the flue again.

I do find their conversations very inneresting & would love to know what they're on about.

It's blowing a gale & pissing with rain & I've been watching the plastic roof of the lean-to bending in the gusts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  LinkedIn posting seems to be down
                  Meghan & Harry looking for a job overloaded it?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Just finished something off so thought I would mention it on linkedIn (as it's quicker than telling everyone who may be interested directly).

You never finish anything off you stop gilding it long enough to get paid!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch has been zingy chicken and lentil soup with wholemeal bread; just right for a cold, wet, windy day

Comment

Working...
                      X