• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Oh FFS!

I’m supposed to be heading south tomorrow as it’s my Mum’s birthday; she’s been vaguely unwell this past week, so we’re not going out, just gathering at home. So I went out to the car to make sure the tyre pressures, oil, and so on were OK and… it’s got a flat tyre

Nearside rear, and when I tried attaching the electric pump to it, it couldn’t get it above 14psi, and it went completely flat again in short order when the pump was turned off

There’s a spare, but I’m not trying to do anything right now as it’s pitch black out there, the area where I park being buried in the middle of the block surrounded by houses taller than the streetlights. Also, I’ve never changed a wheel, so it might be better to Green Flag it again; but I’m not going to ask them to try to do anything out there in the dark either.

So I either try to change the wheel myself in the morning, call Green Flag out to change it and hope they don’t leave me waiting for hours, or forget about it until Monday and get the train
    Tell the people in the chinese you will only carry on ordering with them if they change your wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      doesn't need a lot of concentration, does it?
      That is what appeals to me in TV. Often re-runs are good.

Comment

MrsBP cooked a bad dinner tonight. First time in years. I felt it best to tell her. She did not deny it was very average. But she was clearly not happy.

She is now playing Cluedo with the twins.

Comment

For lunch today I met a friend at Casa do Frango by Borough Market. Well I say friend, its more charity on my behalf. 6 hours of drivel!

Comment

In the Chinese

It’s starting to rain out - just a hint of fine drizzle at the moment, but it’s in the post

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              MrsBP cooked a bad dinner tonight. First time in years. I felt it best to tell her. She did not deny it was very average. But she was clearly not happy.

had an excellent lunch recently with a good pal, his wife, and teenage twin daughters.
              they can be rather disconcerting and entertaining, so they can.

Comment

Tea was spag bol with orange segments and custard for sweet, rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Finished "Shot in the Dark", the last five minutes or so being outrageously funny in a sort of way.

Now watching "Broadsword to Danny Boy" which I appear to have paid £6 for at some time or other.

It's not exactly what one might term gripping.

And it's looooong.

An hour and 10 minutes left.

Had a "ready to eat" Mango earlier, Morrisons, reduced, 28p.

It was rather nice.

Inevitably flossing was required thereafter.

Clint is offing Nazis left right & centre.

It's rather ironic it's about German penetration of MI6 when in real life it was Stalin's Englishmen in their traitorous way.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2020, 21:27.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Blimey, you're brave!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Chinese
                    And very nice it was, as always

Tell the people in the chinese you will only carry on ordering with them if they change your wheel?
                    As they had to cancel all their deliveries a few weeks ago after the delivery driver tried unsuccessfully to drive through a flood, I’m not sure I’m ready to trust them with matters mechanical

Comment

Sadly the the iPlayer app does not allow one to link multiple installations to a single network source. As WTFH said, the downloads are tied to the hardware so each installation will only see what's been downloaded to that particular bit of kit.

It's a tad annoying, seeing as you have to log in to download anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X