• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned sunny again out.

I'm about to start reading Microsoft documentation. Feel free to offer up prayers for my safe passage through their website navigation

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Safe mushrooms I hope!

Very.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Following a lunch of a Ginsters Cornish pasty and Heinz baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast, tea was more of yesterday's meh roast beef.

It was slightly less meh but not by much.

Followed by stewed blackberries and custard which wasn't meh but reasonably nice.

After which that nice Larry Olivier told me all about "Genocide 1940 - 1945".

"The World at War" Genocide: 1941-1945 (TV Episode 1974) - IMDb

Now watching the Abandoned Engineering thing which is starting with the V2 launching complex in France that we bombed the tulipe out of to discourage the Krauts a bit.

Using Tallboy bombs.

Tallboy (bomb) - Wikipedia

The next piece of "entertainment" is "Gallowwalkers (2012)" with Wesley Snipes.

Gallowwalkers (2012) - IMDb

Filmed in the Old West portion of Namibia.

Rating: 3.6.

Now watching "Pacific War in Color" which is about Tinian and Guam.

I didn't know that the Septics flew B29s out of India to bomb Japan.

What they did was fly over the Himalayas into China, refuel, and then fly to Japan.

9 raids that didn't do much.

Once Guam was recaptured they used the Tinian airfield instead.

Now watching the thing about the joys of Normandy.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 August 2019, 21:12.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

No telly tonight, apart from some of the Australian ambulance thing on iPlayer while I ate. But I finished Day of the Triffids earlier, and have got about halfway into The Chrysalids

Early night now, just for a change

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Finished grand tour last night. JC was crying at the end. Something about the last time the three of them will work together.

Then announces they will still do road trips - its just the end of getting together in a studio/tent. Grrrrrrr

Comment

Morning all.

Sunny.

CBS from what I can see through the gap in the curtains.

Very few apples left on the tree.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Though it is foretold that it will shortly get partly cloudy, then go back to sunny again around teatime

I noticed yesterday that the first few leaves on the horse chestnut tree are starting to turn. Autumn is coming…

Comment

Oh, the relief:

Porthcawl anti-sex toilet plans 'submitted in error' - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                      X