• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was a two egg scramble (well one and a half actually since half the first egg disappeared down the sink due to culinary incompetence) with a poached tomato on Morrisons seeded (non pumpkin which isn't in the shop at the moment) toast.

It was nice enough.

The pepper (white) and smoked hot paprika really do spice it up a bit.

I may cut some branches up this afternoon so they fit in the green waste bags to make it easier to take crap down the dump.

Latest news from the brain washing and indoctrination session at Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde is that bilingualism is important in staff meetings.

Well all I can say is that might be true further west but it cuts no ice in Swansea where we're all solidly monoglot English.

Presumably more crap foisted on the nation by the clowns in the WAG such as they are, they may be morons but I suppose the best one might say is they are our morons not some clown parachuted in from Westminster.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 September 2019, 12:35.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Presumably more crap foisted on the nation by the clowns in the WAG such as they are, they may be morons but I suppose the best one might say is they are our morons not some clown parachuted in from Westminster.
      Definitely a win to have a better class of moron than the ones currently active on this side of the Severn

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I was wondering where we could send Boris to! Theres an idea.....

Comment

Bit of sawing done with the ancient blunt circular saw that once belonged to Strangelove Pater (not the nice Wolf one that got nicked but a crap Chinese thing from Challenge) and a bit more with the B&D chainsaw that he was too frightened of to use.

Whereafter the results of said sawing went down the dump & ended up in the garden waste.

Some plastics, some glass jars, and some tin lids also hit the skips, with the addition of a bit of plastic that once came from a printer from the looks of it and a long defunct car radio that I found in the garage.

All rounded off with some enormous teapots that once graced the chapel gatherings when said chapel still existed.

Sat down now suffering from exhaustion after all the excitement.

Some of that wood was remarkably hard.

Comment

Added the laundry to today's list of accomplishments

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Added the laundry to today's list of accomplishments
              Calm down, dear, it's only an advert.

Tea this evening was lentil <pffffft> soup which came from several different batches if what was written on the lids is correct.

Some of it came from a batch which was blessed with rather a large amount of chili powder judging by the heat.

It was nice enough and made a change since it's been off the menu for many weeks, but as the mists and mellow fruitfulness winds on, it may be time to start making it again.

I really need to think about defrosting the two fridges and the freezer, but never seem to have the time.

Now enjoying 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The lack of stewed blackberries is acutely felt.

Comment

As an inevitable consequence of doing the shopping earlier, I keep thinking it’s Friday

I’m not sure what to have for dinner either. I ought to check the use-by dates on the meat purchased today and start with the nearest to expiry, I suppose. But I’m quite tempted by the idea of sausages, chips, and beans.

Comment

As an inevitable consequence of doing the shopping earlier, I keep thinking it’s Friday

I’m not sure what to have for dinner either. I ought to check the use-by dates on the meat purchased today and start with the nearest to expiry, I suppose. But I’m quite tempted by the idea of sausages, chips, and beans.
                  Eggs, you forgot eggs.

i had another steak pie, chips and peas, courtesy of the usual suspects.

very nice it was.

watching the septics killing their own with H bomb tests.

really.

Comment

It was indeed chips, sausage, and beans for tea. Very nice

No egg, though. I’m still ambivalent about eggs

Comment

It was indeed chips, sausage, and beans for tea. Very nice

No egg, though. I’m still ambivalent about eggs
                      S'ok, - i'll have yours

Comment

Working...
                      X