• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Present company excepted of course.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Links!

Someone put the Tube lines onto this aerial photo over London and people love it The Poke
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Did you know that if you put a small potato in the oven to bake it, having not broken the skin, then you remove it and place it on a room temperature plate, the potato will explode, showering you and the kitchen?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Did you know that if you put a small potato in the oven to bake it, having not broken the skin, then you remove it and place it on a room temperature plate, the potato will explode, showering you and the kitchen?

Are you okay? Make sure you clear it up before MrsWTFH sees......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Are you okay? Make sure you clear it up before MrsWTFH sees......

Millie has done that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              At some point I need to make a decision on whether I can hack this permie job or not. It's an easy-ish ride compared to some work I've done, and multiple days of WFH helps but the two hour drive to site is starting to get on my nerves.

One day it might be nice to stop being a technical networks guy. Since the Public Sector became bad for contracts a lot of my work has dried up. OTOH, contracts = money = freedom.

Perhaps I'll save that decision for another day. I need to not be trapped by this permie idea of a "career" that everyone around me subscribes to.
              You do have a career, it's not the same as a permie one but it's still a career nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                You do have a career, it's not the same as a permie one but it's still a career nonetheless
                That's true. Just a different view on what it means from the permies!

Comment

I once set a potato on fire in the microwave.

It didn't explode though.

And I discovered that the protective film around the microwave hadn't been removed.

Walk walked, during which I potched about repairing some paths that had been washed away in the deluge before Xmas and found some more funny rocks in the stream.

Lunch was beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin Multi seed toast (crust), followed by a beetroot sarnie and a bramble jelly sarnie, all rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The cottons are in the TD, while the shirts pass in the WM is done, with the coloureds taking their place.

It's more efficient to do the shirts first but I got up rather too late to do it that way.

Lovely sunny day.

I may venture into the garden and chop some bits off the pear tree, just to ginger it up a bit.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely blue skies this morning so decided to go out for a 20 mile cycle, not much traffic on the road either as it's still the final throes the Christmas break. First cycling sportive coming up April and a lot of work to be done to the Dad Bod in preparation for it.

Architects also given the go ahead to come up for some plans for home version 2.1, exciting times as long as Iran don't kick off.
                    Last edited by BlueSharp; 3 January 2020, 13:35.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Two other parcels ordered on Sunday - one is due in the next 2 hours. The other was from a UK company, claiming UK stock. (Inline skate wheels to replace the wheels on a Samsonite case). Update from last night to say the stock had been picked in Mechelen. Who knows when that will arrive.

Inline skate wheels arrived, I'd already disassembled one side to get the old wheel out. Took about 15 minutes to fit the new one there, take off the other side and replace that wheel. I now have a wheeled carry on case that runs far smoother than it ever has (due to having bearings now), and it only cost about £12 for the wheels.

Comment

Working...
                      X