• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A return to miserable French police on the picture box tonight with S4E10 of Spiral/Engrenages

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Simpsonesque sky through the gap in the living room curtains.

Notsocold as all that.

Sun out across the valley boyo, there's tidy then.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all murky but dry on the walk earlier, but then I fired up my computer to discover a couple of things...
        1. I started a twitter discussion among the QI elves about football
        and then...
        2. A tweet of mine from 2 years ago has been picked up by The Poke.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning
          grey
          dry
          notsocold
          friday<??>

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but dry and 7°C again

A slightly disturbed night’s sleep led me to oversleep a bit. Odd dreams were the cause; not particularly weird or in any way unpleasant, but for some reason they kept waking me up

Anyway, now I’m awake, a consideration of the post-festive contents of the fridge and freezer has led me to conclude that I don’t need to go shopping today. If there turn out to be any bits I need, they’re so few in number that I can either pop down to the Co-op, or maybe even venture round the corner to the Lidl I’ve never visited, next to the old Great Central Railway engine maintenance shed.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

Strangely quiet in here this morning.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Grey but dry and 7°C again

A slightly disturbed night’s sleep led me to oversleep a bit. Odd dreams were the cause; not particularly weird or in any way unpleasant, but for some reason they kept waking me up

Anyway, now I’m awake, a consideration of the post-festive contents of the fridge and freezer has led me to conclude that I don’t need to go shopping today. If there turn out to be any bits I need, they’re so few in number that I can either pop down to the Co-op, or maybe even venture round the corner to the Lidl I’ve never visited, next to the old Great Central Railway engine maintenance shed.
              Cue the Aldi Lidl song.

NF returns with a rubber boat, 15 pot plants, 4 varieties of spanners and a pot of German jam.

I suppose I'd better potter around town a bit before I stick to this chair.

The washing first pass should be done by the time I get home.

The unbounded excitement of my life.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 January 2020, 10:36.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all murky but dry on the walk earlier, but then I fired up my computer to discover a couple of things...
                1. I started a twitter discussion among the QI elves about football
                and then...
                2. A tweet of mine from 2 years ago has been picked up by The Poke.
                Links!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  NF returns with a rubber boat, 15 pot plants, 4 varieties of spanners and a pot of German jam.
                  That’s the risk one takes

Comment

Morning all. "W"FH from the dining room today as the in-laws are round (and so I have an excuse to hide!).

One of the other permies helpfully rebooted a switch which was showing errors last night (at my request). The lucky guy got to wait all night when it didn't come back and hurry out to fix it this morning. I have at least another dozen jobs like that for the team!

Comment

At some point I need to make a decision on whether I can hack this permie job or not. It's an easy-ish ride compared to some work I've done, and multiple days of WFH helps but the two hour drive to site is starting to get on my nerves.

One day it might be nice to stop being a technical networks guy. Since the Public Sector became bad for contracts a lot of my work has dried up. OTOH, contracts = money = freedom.

Perhaps I'll save that decision for another day. I need to not be trapped by this permie idea of a "career" that everyone around me subscribes to.

Comment

Working...
                      X