• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's film was a made-for-TV (BBC, to be precise) job: Page Eight (2011), starring Bill Nighy as an MI5 chap, Rachel Weisz as his neighbour, Michael Gambon as his boss, and various others including the Borg Queen from Star Trek: First Contact and Spud from Trainspotting. The usual secret service tropes of weary cynicism, failed relationships, and lack of trust prevail, but it's very well done and I rather enjoyed it.

Goodnight all
    I think I watched that a while ago.

Yes, I did watch it.

Not that thinking is high on the list of priorities at the moment.

Not a good night's sleep, with the necessity of spending an hour or so in the bathroom.

The contents of the bowel took the preferred route but I find it difficult to believe that it was down to too much alcohol.

I'm certainly not attempting to travel on a bus in my present squitty condition.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Warm n sunny again in Manchester...

waiting for the cold front which is supposed to be on it's way,...

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skies & sunshine here. Pleasant walk earlier
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I'm certainly not attempting to travel on a bus in my present squitty condition.
          The others partaking of the meal were not sore afflicted, and thanks to Immodium(tm) I'm in "work" a mere hour later than usual.

One views the prospect of the day with some equanimity.

But zero food or alcohol.

I'm sure I watched a film last night but can't remember much of it.

Was Michael Gambon in it?

Glorious sunny day, though the sun flickering through the trees made my photophobia rather worse.

I was quite surprised how reasonable the traffic was at 8:30 coming into Swansea.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 February 2019, 09:30.

Comment

morning

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I'm sure I watched a film last night but can't remember much of it.

Was Michael Gambon in it?

Dexter's dead undead dad was though

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Dexter's dead undead dad was though
                I'm sure there was something about Bill Nighy driving cars very fast in Miami, though I might be mistaken about that.

Or maybe it was All A Dream and Bobby Ewing wasn't dead after all.

Or something.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another bright, sunny, and increasingly warm day out there

And another call to the Electoral Services department of the city council, who once again have registered somebody I've never heard of as living in my flat

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

Another bright, sunny, and increasingly warm day out there

And another call to the Electoral Services department of the city council, who once again have registered somebody I've never heard of as living in my flat
                    Vote Early & Vote Often.

Comment

Pink Floyd on the London Underground in 1968:

Comment

Working...
                      X