• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny and not that cold in Manchesto

Probably going to nip for a beer on the way to the station...

Comment

crispy bacon and camembert on a toasted brown seedy roll for lunch.

delicious and nutritious.

Comment

Bratwurst n chips....

it was ok

is it pub o clock yet?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          is it pub o clock yet?
          No, but it reached ibuprofen o'clock about 3 hours ago.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausages and bacon in (part of) a sesame seed baguette with lashings of red sauce for lunch

I just popped out the back, and it's not too far off balmy out there; another couple of degrees would do it

Comment

It's 14 in Manchester...

Sat in a beer garden and all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                It's 14 in Manchester...

Sat in a beer garden and all is good.

Comment

Just spent an hour or maybe ninety minutes sorting through one of the reserves of crap in the living room

This was a second-generation pile of crap, being one of the piles of crap that had previously been in a larger pile of crap but, for whatever reason, had been reserved for further review; after which, of course, more and newer crap had been added to it.

Anyway, almost all of it has been consigned to recycling, rubbish, or for shredding. There are also a number of DVD-RWs (or possibly DVD+RWs - remember that nonsense, and trying to remember which ones worked with your drive?) containing backups of stuff from 2006 or so, some of which might be of marginal interest.

Now that's done, I need a rest

Comment

^ Call that a crap pile.

I've just brought the operating systems for an Amstrad 1512 home.

All 4 5.25" floppy diskettes.

I'll have to see if I can get one or other box to boot off them.

Tea/dinner this evening was lentil <pffffft> soup which was very nice, and followed by yet more turkey from the apparently never ending Morrisons turkey legs.

As for my finishing date, it's looking like 31st March.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    For tonight's film I figured I might as well mop up a loose end, so it was The Fate of the Furious (2017), aka Fast & Furious 8 - the Extended Director's Cut, no less.

They've finally gone full Mission: Impossible with this one, and it's actually pretty good, if rather car-centric as always. In particular, Jason Statham gets some funny moments amidst all the mayhem, including an uncredited cameo by Helen Mirren playing his mother like something out of one of the dodgier families in EastEnders. I was also quite amused when he called Dwayne Johnson a complete with hand gesture; not sure if that's just in the extended cut or if Americans don't find it as offensive. But maybe I'm getting old and you can do that and still get a PG-12 rating nowadays
                    Didn't you find the sudden change of attitude of Mr Statham rather surprising?

I bet those DVD RWs are all toast and unreadable.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 February 2019, 19:25.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      ^ Call that a crap pile.

I've just brought the operating systems for an Amstrad 1512 home.

All 4 5.25" floppy diskettes.

I'll have to see if I can get one or other box to boot off them.

Tea/dinner this evening was lentil <pffffft> soup which was very nice, and followed by yet more turkey from the apparently never ending Morrisons turkey legs.

As for my finishing date, it's looking like 31st March.

Didn't you find the sudden change of attitude of Mr Statham rather surprising?

I bet those DVD RWs are all toast and unreadable.
                      i found some old stuff on those from long times ago, and they all worked/ have been converted to MP3/4 where appropriate <mostly live recordings on crappy handcams and recorders>

still.............

Comment

Working...
                      X