• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    i thought you meant 'Morgan, - a suitable case for treatment' from 1966 for a minute
    Not sure I've ever seen that. Added to the list

Comment

Sausage butty for lunch. Most toothsome

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Pity about the penguin.

^The penguin must be in another film since Morgan doesn't appear to go to the Antarctic.
        More likely to be this:

Mr. Forbush and the Penguins (1971) - IMDb

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Not sure I've ever seen that. Added to the list
        It's an experience.

I was impressed by how much better "48 Hrs" was than "The Warriors".

Despite "The Warriors" having left more of an impression in what little remains of my memory than "48 hrs" did.

I'm currently looking at the datasheet for a PIC18F25K50 and it's taken the better part of half an hour to find the contents of a particular register after reset.

These things are getting much too complicated.

In other other news, yesterday's tea/dinner has reached the making wind stage. <- Put that light out.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 August 2022, 15:23.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's an experience.
          Even though I've seen him in loads of things, for some reason the film I always remember David Warner for is Time After Time (1979), in which H. G. Wells (Malcolm McDowell) builds an actual time machine, and Warner plays his friend who's secretly Jack the Ripper. He steals the time machine and travels to present-day (i.e. 1979) San Francisco to continue his campaign of murder, with Wells in pursuit. I might watch that again soon, actually

Comment

By the by, the Cob Shop over the road is now defunct, and a notice in the window advises that it will soon be turned into a hairdressers

Must have been around 1991 that I first got a bacon cob there, on my way to sort the pub out on a Saturday morning. The pub's gone too

Comment

Even though I've seen him in loads of things, for some reason the film I always remember David Warner for is Time After Time (1979), in which H. G. Wells (Malcolm McDowell) builds an actual time machine, and Warner plays his friend who's secretly Jack the Ripper. He steals the time machine and travels to present-day (i.e. 1979) San Francisco to continue his campaign of murder, with Wells in pursuit. I might watch that again soon, actually
              I liked that one. It does not exist in the collection currently.

By the by, the Cob Shop over the road is now defunct, and a notice in the window advises that it will soon be turned into a hairdressers

Must have been around 1991 that I first got a bacon cob there, on my way to sort the pub out on a Saturday morning. The pub's gone too
              Sic transit gloria monday.

Where the feck are all these hairdresser/barber shops coming from?

There's hundreds of the buggers, of all sorts, including a large number of "Turkish".

Is there really enough demand to keep them all going?

Though having watched some millennial oik having curious patterns shaved into his short back & sides, it does make one wonder.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2019, 15:26.

Comment

Where the feck are all these hairdresser/barber shops coming from?

There's hundreds of the buggers, of all sorts, including a large number of "Turkish".

Is there really enough demand to keep them all going?

Though having watched some millennial oik having curious patterns shaved into his short back & sides, it does make one wonder.
                I know! There's already loads round here, and I don't think more than two of them existed ten years ago

There might have been a small gap in the market when the place over the road closed around 2012, becoming first a motor spares place and then "Booze City" before its current incarnation as a picture framer's. But that was a proper ladies' hairdressers that looked like it hadn't changed since some time in the 1970s (though I think it was actually younger than that); I doubt they would have had any idea what a "fade" was.

Comment

I've patronised the same establishment for a mere 50 years or so, and IIRC, I was taken to the previous barber's shop for the years before that, oddly that shop was knocked down so "they" could build Yet Another Tesco, which was, in turn, knocked down the year before last, having been there a mere 40 years.

The Strangelove Great Grandfather's house was knocked down so "they" could build the Magistrate's Courts, which, in turn, were knocked down after a mere 40 years.

This is Tesco:

Google Maps

The house was in that triangular bit, more or less.

Google Maps

I've never found a photo of it.

Oh look: on street view the Magistrates' Court hadn't been knocked down then:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.66...2!8i6656?hl=en

Whereas it looked like

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.66...4!8i8192?hl=en

And it doesn't look like that any more either, there's new buildings all over it.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 August 2022, 15:29.

Comment

Tesco is the white bit.

Which is mostly concrete hardcore & rubble.

X5 home.

Tea/dinner was some of Sunday's beef with carrots & onions.

I could have had it with gravy but I thought the carrots & onions thing would be nicer & it was.

I'll probably have it again on Saturday since I've got enough left over having been out on the lash on Monday.

The feckwhits down west have rearranged the hearing test for the 14th.

Late in the afternoon, so that's out of the question.

They'll have to try again.

It's a challenge to see if I can push it out past May 31st.

The new neighbours turned up with some boxes of stuff & I helped carry some of it up the garden path, generous soul that I am.

Having had tea/dinner I really didn't want to go out & have tea/dinner all over again again, so refused their kind offer.

Comment

Watching BBC4 about an indonesian free diver.
                      i'm constantly amazed by what a human can physically achieve without techological assistance.

Comment

Working...
                      X