• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Chucking away some old stuff and found an unused A4 notebook by Woolworths. Historic item - must be worth a fortune.
    A museum or library might want it

Comment

Tonight's movie magic started with Independence Day: Resurgence (2016). This, I believe, received fairly poor reviews when it came out, and it deserved them. But the special effects were good, and once they stopped mucking around and got down to lots of explosions, the ill-thought-out storyline didn't distract so much. So maybe worth a watch if you have nothing better to hand, or are in the mood for special effects

After that: a rewatch of Everest (2015), which remains the go-to film for watching people die slowly on a mountain.

And then an episode of The West Wing, as part of my very occasional rewatch thereof. This turned out to be a Christmas episode so hardly appropriate to the time of year, but at least it was one of the less cloying ones.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Dogs walked, gardening to commence shortly.
        If your name is Darren and you were born in Yorkshire in 1971, you might want to look into libel laws.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's cool grey damp dreary and drizzly.

It must be Saturday.

In other news, it appears that 5 have lost NCIS NO to Fox UK.

Season 4 starts in July.

Which is odd considering that 5 stopped show S3 halfway through.

I suspect that I've done with it mostly because, Oh boy, it's not very fecking good and seems to have very little to do with what NCIS are tasked with doing.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 June 2018, 07:59.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Ribeye steak and chips for tea
            For those in the North West that don't fancy Hawksmoor prices, the Clarence in Bury do an excellent rib eye. Took MrMarkyMark and MrsMarkyMark back in February; he's a hard one to please on the steak front but he was indeed, well pleased.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I seem to be very much in front of myself this morning.

Waking up too early probably accounts for it.

Shopping was done & dusted by 10:45.

The statutory 9" of dvds duly purchased, along with the beef for roasting tomorrow and some further supplies of M&S chunky breaded haddock.

Unfortunately for the Big Issue seller, I bought one last Thursday.

Lunch has been consumed, which is odd since it's before noon.

And I'm drinking a mug of coffee, even more unusual, largely because I haven't washed the pots from breakfast so the teapot is still in the sink.

<cue teapot>

I'm at a bit of a loss regarding what to do with the rest of the day.

Lawn mowing is out since it's wet.

I suppose I could burn some more crap on the bonfire, but the dampness means lots of smoke which is a bit antisocial at this time of day.

It's very quiet, which state I ascribe to whatever tedious association football match is currently in progress.

I suppose I could put the linepost back up.

Or drill the 4" hole in the shed laundry room wall for the ventilation device.

Decisions decisions.

I think I'll wash the dishes first.

Last evening's televisual epics were S4 E6 of "The Bridge" wherein Saga got to hold a baby.

And the S15 finale of "NCIS" wherein all sorts of stuff happened, none of it very interesting*, and one of "Bones" interns turned up as a baddie.

*this being indicated by my being more concerned with getting the pile of dvds neat & tidy rather than watching the programme.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 June 2018, 10:48.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey sort of day here

Slight chance of a brief spot of rain later.

Comment

See?

Cobalt Thorium G proved to be good for health.

Commission changes mind on beds that emit radon-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Afternoon denizens

Grey sort of day here

Slight chance of a brief spot of rain later.
                  Indeed.

It's stopped drizzling here.

It's raining instead.

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      See?

Cobalt Thorium G proved to be good for health.

Commission changes mind on beds that emit radon-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily
                      Thorium crystals in a mattress? Did they find themselves with a load of thorium crystals and a mattress factory and say "Hey, I know what we could do!"

Comment

Working...
                      X