• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The repair to the Asus eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee psu has been completed.

It's only taken 6 months.

My Farnell psu will be grateful for the relief.

Tea, to be consumed shortly, shall be lentil <pffffft> soup, being a mixture of that horridly sweet batch I made on Sunday along with some older stuff that's matured in the freezer.

I hope it turns out edible or I'm fecked.

Today's excitement was getting my temperature controller to run on a n 18 pin PIC16F88 rather than the 40 pin PIC16F887.

The 2nd lot of excitement was setting off the alarm as I walked out of Morrisons.

I blame the quiche.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 June 2018, 17:14.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The repair to the Asus eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee psu has been completed.

It's only taken 6 months.

The 2nd lot of excitement was setting off the alarm as I walked out of Morrisons.

I blame the quiche.
      i've got one of those, - maxed the memory and HD. - great machine

poor quiche, - gets blamed for everything

Comment

I keep setting off the alarm when leaving the M&S food hall. As far as I can tell, the self service till is able to scan the barcode at a greater distance than it can disable the security tag

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I keep setting off the alarm when leaving the M&S food hall. As far as I can tell, the self service till is able to scan the barcode at a greater distance than it can disable the security tag
          Nothing to do with the stuff down your trousers then

Comment

Acting on the advice of 1 out of 1 dentists, tea tonight couldn't be anything that required a lot of chewing. So scouse it was, and very nice too

Comment

This evening's televisual excitement was provided by S1E2 of "Carter", the Canadian produced ripoff of "Castle".

It was mildly amusing in an inoffensive sort of way.

The Canadians have weird gun laws.

Pistols of .25" and .32" calibre are completely banned.

Pistols with barrels of less than 4 1/8" are completely banned.

Other than that you can have more or less what you like as long as it's registered.

This was followed by the thing about Marie Curie on BBC4, which was relatively interesting considering that I'm half pissed on Old Peculier.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                i've got one of those, - maxed the memory and HD. - great machine

poor quiche, - gets blamed for everything
                I thought the memory was soldered in?

Not that I'm about to alter anything.

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been a few more episodes of Fargo S1. Only a few more to go, so I think I'll do all of them in one go next time

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

You know that thing where you can’t sleep?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Tonight's viewing has been a few more episodes of Fargo S1. Only a few more to go, so I think I'll do all of them in one go next time

Goodnight all
                      And is this televisual epic providing Sir with satisfaction?

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all

You know that thing where you can’t sleep?
                      Yes.

I expect it to kick in tomorrow at 05:00 so I can listen to The End of the World News.

Things just haven't been the same since they discontinued Lilly Bolero.

One can remember listening to the 7p.m. news bulletin on a nice Murphy Wireless back in the day, said bulletin being introduced with said tune IIRC.

Feck me, what with the sun and the rising wind, the pollen count is now enormous.

Comment

Working...
                      X