• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Links are up

And the Toyota passengers its MOT

Need to walk back up and collect it now
    No idea where "passengers" came from, though I strongly suspect autocorrect, which recently informed me that the word "of" was spelled incorrectly

Anyway, I just walked back up to collect it, and so the car has returned in all its glory

And I know I walk fast, but the Apple Watch decided I was actually running up there and is now congratulating me on completing my "first outdoor run"

Comment

Just found out that the current project manager is being kicked off the project!
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        No current precipitation.

Off to Cardiff to see a leech and to have lunch with Strangelove Sis.

I assume I'll be able to find the place.
        Precipitation heavy in Cardiff though intermittent.

Finding the place not easy, getting in once place found even less easy and distinctly not obvious.

I'd have thunk the place for a front door was out the front on the street rather than around the back down a side passage with the bins in.

So once I'd spotted a gasper out having a quick drag on a fag, as it were, entry was effected.

Even more awkward than the Swansea office across the dock.

Nice lunch with Strangelove Sis to make up for it all, and several dvds purchased in HMV and some books purchased in Waterstones.

Off home shortly.

Oh, and it appears that the trip to fecking Carmarthen is still on.

It better not be fecking raining.

Car dropped off, Greggs visited

And I remembered to check the tyre pressures before setting off, as it seems that's part of the MOT now
        Really?

They'll want the feckers polished next.

Windy again here, and the blue sky is turning grey.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2019, 15:03.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Really?

They'll want the feckers polished next.
          Yep. The day when one of mine fails due to "Excessive buildup of empty plastic bottles and Greggs wrappers in the passenger footwell" can't be far off

Comment

After getting back home, I spent a couple of hours getting the accumulated bills and such like sorted into the appropriate order, something that's been neglected since I moved out of next door and into this house.

Chaos is a word that springs to mind, but fecking abject chaos is more like it.

After completing a portion of the filing, tea/dinner was some more of yesterday's roast beef lamb.

It was quite nice.

This evening's epic was "Equalizer II" with Denzel Washington.

It was good but not as fresh as the first one.

It didn't help that I'd spotted the twist about 25 minutes in.

The Equalizer 2 (2018) - IMDb
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2019, 21:52.

Comment

For tea tonight I made spag bol. I haven't made that in ages for some reason, and now I'm sat here trying to work out what that reason could possibly be, for it was absolutely delicious

As an indication of how long it is since I last made it, there were two unopened packs of spaghetti in the cupboard: one BBE March 2018, the other April 2018

Tasted fine though

Comment

there were two unopened packs of spaghetti in the cupboard: one BBE March 2018, the other April 2018

Tasted fine though
                Barely matured.

One has to lay these things down you know.

I suppose it's TFBSZ since I'm back to the sloughe of desponde in the morning.

This health surveillance tulipe is pushing me towards making a postal delivery.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2019, 22:28.

Comment

mm lamb shanks, food of the gods and the slow cooker!!!

a nice pint of "roasted nuts" I did salute AtW first!

night all
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's Feature Presentation was a rewatch of Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003). Excellent stuff

And then some more of The West Wing, bringing me to the two-part election special, after which there's just a few more to go and I can finally be rid of it until I misguidedly decide to watch it all again in another few years

Goodnight all

Comment

Sunny in Manchester today...

but may rain later.

Comment

Working...
                      X