• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight, what with it being Good Friday, seemed like an excellent opportunity to rewatch The Long Good Friday (1980). On this viewing, it continues to be one of my favourite films of all time, and I can confirm that it stands up to even more repeat viewings - well, one more - than it did last time

And after the gritty realism thereof, I fancied something a bit further from home and with fancy special effects, so another rewatch: Passengers (2016), which also seems to stand up to repeat viewings, being very good indeed IMHO

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all about to embark on a long dog walk.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There you go, a Plan B: build a USB interface for them and offer data recovery services for companies that still have warehouses full of 8" floppies

You can persuade them they need whatever's on there by talking about big data, historical trends, and machine learning
          Now there's a thought.

Two of the drives are double sided too.

Tonight, what with it being Good Friday, seemed like an excellent opportunity to rewatch The Long Good Friday (1980). On this viewing, it continues to be one of my favourite films of all time, and I can confirm that it stands up to even more repeat viewings - well, one more - than it did last time

And after the gritty realism thereof, I fancied something a bit further from home and with fancy special effects, so another rewatch: Passengers (2016), which also seems to stand up to repeat viewings, being very good indeed IMHO

Goodnight all
          Got the one (somewhere in the pile) which I've never seen, the other has passed me by, like colony ships in the night, off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser Gate.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all about to embark on a long dog walk.
          What sort of long dog do you walk?

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Unbearably polleny.

CBS with very slight high haze again.

Two loads of washing in the machines, one of which will be done by the time I return from town, the other half an hour later.

Bedding change day.

Lets see if I can hang the sheets on the line properly this time.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

7.3km walked with an average length Millie.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

In with the hoi polloi, what there is of them.

The boxes seem to be updating and are very slow.

And the pollen bomb is doing its worst.

At least I hope it's its worst coz if it gets any worse I dunno what I'll do.

<sneeze> <wheeze> <cough> <expire>

<hiatus>

<sneeze> <wheeze> <cough> <expire>

Let me die, it would be a kindness.

Trip to Morrisons done & dusted.

Lots of lovely reduced stuff since it's shut tomorrow.

Off to Tesco shortly since that's shut tomorrow too.

Pollen count must be enormous.

Amongst today's haul of preloved dvds was "The Omega Man" with Charton Athletic and an obscure early 70s/late 60s De Niro epic which will very probably be almost unwatchable.

The Omega Man (1971) - IMDb

Sam's Song (1969) - IMDb

3.6, sounds really promising.

Okay the story is this: De Niro made some lame movie name around 1969 Sam's Song that never saw the light of day.

Fast forward a few years (say around 1980) and De Niro is a star so some joker gets a hold of Sam's Song, recuts it, adds some footage and viola! The Swap was born!

Which is probably even worse than Sam's Song.

So if you are a De Niro diehard, you have been warned. But hey, so was I and I saw it anyway.

Once the first WM finishes, it'll be time to feck off to Tesco, but in the mean time, here I iz. <- Big Ears spelling.

How odd, I always seem to remember that Heston is in

Black Sunday (1977) - IMDb

but it's actually Bob Shaw.

First batch empegged on the line, the sheets finish in 5 minutes but I don't think the line will take them at the moment.

Stone me, it's bright out there at the moment.

The tighty whities are dazzling.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 April 2019, 10:53.

Comment

I really enjoyed seeing MS on countdown! Wow!

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Lovely spring day out there

It won't last

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Lovely spring day out there

It won't last

As long it lasts long enough to dry the washing I'll be happy*.

Lunch today consisted of a Morrisons chicken kiev with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons sunflower seed bread.

Followed by a yoghurt or two.

It was ok in its way, living the dream as ever.

Now to get some liver out of the freezer so I can defrost it for tea/dinner this evening.

*Or as happy as I'm ever likely to get.

Comment

Working...
                      X