• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    And I've managed to find the little briefcasey type thing that I haven't used in 15 years so I can put stuff in that instead of a carrier bag when I go to Cardiff tomorrow.

It might look a little more impressive than a Morrisons carrier, if not by much.
    A friend of mine who did management consultancy stuff used to make a point of taking documents and such in an old carrier bag when he attended meetings at swanky places like the Cabinet Office, the MOD, Rolls Royce Aerospace, and what have you. He reckoned, with some justification, that the contrast between that and his expensive Italian suit, fancy watch, etc. caused enough confusion in the minds of his opponents to give him a psychological advantage in negotiations

Comment

Today's late lunch: bacon bap (wholemeal)

Comment

Gales here, so I took advantage of the wind to burn some tulipe in the incinerator.

It went very well for a while but it's gone out now.

In other other news, the thing that tulips outside the living room window has shat once more despite the vast quantity (an entire fecking bottle) of cat repellent.

So much for that.

<hiatus due to knock on door>

Well that's the Fiat Seicento sold for £50 to the chap up the road who has 17 year old twin boys.

I did point out it's fecked & not in a good way, but we eventually got the fecker going and they seem pleased enough.

A new battery & exhaust are the first things on the list, with fixing the handbrake lever the next priority.

All I have to do now is find the documentation which is very likely to be easier said than done.

The question being which particular pile of crap does it live in.

Used a duster to clean 15 years of accumulated crap of the little briefcase thingie.

It's an M&S briefcase thingie that was sufficiently convincing that I thought it was leather rather than the plastic that it really is.

Within lay a 15 year old CV, part of an old argos leaflet from 2002 with a thing I worked on up in Rugby reduced to £39.99 from its original £79.99.

I'd have thunk that £19.99 would have been closer to the mark but there you go.

Have I mentioned the gales?

Stone me it's a bit windy out there now.

Everything is creaking intermittently as the gusts pass.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 March 2019, 18:53.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Getting very gusty here too now

Just remembered that I need to start fasting at 21:30 tonight ahead of tomorrow's blood tests. Better get dinner on a bit earlier than usual

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Today's late lunch: bacon bap (wholemeal)
            wholemeal bacon??

steak pie ,chips and peas tonight.

very pleasant, while listening to the winds howling round the windaes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just remembered that I need to start fasting at 21:30 tonight ahead of tomorrow's blood tests. Better get dinner on a bit earlier than usual
              Yeah, no, due to miscalculation of when to start cooking. Ah well, I don't suppose forty minutes here or there makes much difference

Comment

Quite calm out there now, just a breeze, which is a bit different from a couple of hours ago.

Old Young Morse is having an interesting time of it this evening.

Obviously not on the square.

Which explains some later eps.

Shades of Ronan Point.

And T. Dan Smith.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 March 2019, 22:56.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

and gorn soppy like the BBC lurves

Comment

Once it was finally ready, tea was chicken in a kind of tomatoey Cajun sauce, with potato wedges roasted in duck fat. Not too bad really

I had a chicken carcass left over from last week, and there was another one taking up space in the fridge which I require for other purposes. I've got lots of soup in there so didn't want to make any more of that. So I bunged both carcasses in the cyber pressure cooker InstantPot™ with some veg and herbs and water, and gave them about half an hour at high pressure. They were standing up to both fit in at the start, but after that they were falling apart, so I pressed the bits of disintegrating skeleton down into the liquor and gave them another ten minutes just to extract the maximum value. Once strained, this left me with a nicely concentrated and flavoured stock, which I then used as the basis for the sauce

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Quite calm out there now, just a breeze, which is a bit different from a couple of hours ago.
                      I just took the contents of the kitchen bin out to Bin Alley, and its still blowing like crazy here

Comment

Working...
                      X