• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All,

Dark outside but the car said it was 9 degrees today - apparently it's going to go colder later this week but i'll wait and see as previous attempts to forecast another 'beast from the east' have proved woefully inadequate.

Happy Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If there’s two people on the tills and they both end up with a Lottery customer, the entire process grinds to a halt as they vie for use of the Lottery machine; after which the customer probably also wants twenty Regal
      I often feel like that. Then I detest the modern pace of life. And wish I could chill more. Then shout at the slow people to hurry up....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        It's Oak Island nutjob time.

What won't we find this week?

We didn't find the triangular rock thing on the seabed to be anything other than a couple of rocks that may or may not be significant.

The "anchor" turned out to be, wait for it, wait for it, a couple of rocks on the seabed.

The H8 excavation is terminated in case it all falls down into a sink hole.

They've excavated & documented the "slipway".

Found another iron spike.

Found an iron hinge.

Blacksmith reckoned the iron hinge dates to the 1600s.

The iron spikes reckoned to be Roman () are reckoned by the blacksmith to be crib spikes and definitely unRoman.

Next week they put another casing in and start bringing up substantial chunks of oak timber, the sort that take two people to pick up.

And some map guy is going to make a multiplane mapping using all the available info from all the needful diggings over the last century or so.
        Many thanks for the update. I am sure eventually they will discover something useful. Well maybe it was just two islands. Ship sunk in the middle. Then silted over. But would it have any "treasure" onboard?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          And home. Peaceful and quiet. Bliss.
          Rubbish. You are missing HWMBO....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Morning All,

Dark outside but the car said it was 9 degrees today - apparently it's going to go colder later this week but i'll wait and see as previous attempts to forecast another 'beast from the east' have proved woefully inadequate.

Happy Monday.

Good Christmas break?

Comment

Morning all

Dark, very dark.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Unexpectedly dry currently.

Monday.

I believe it to be Monday.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

If there’s two people on the tills and they both end up with a Lottery customer, the entire process grinds to a halt as they vie for use of the Lottery machine; after which the customer probably also wants twenty Regal
                Or if you are from where I am from they get out a few months worth of lottery tickets and ask the person to scan them to 'see if there are any winners' - surely half of the excitement of doing the lottery is to check the numbers as they come out.

Also then do feel free to buy a scratch card and insist on scratching it there and then thus holding up the queue even more - making me wait for me twenty Regal King size.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Good Christmas break?
                Yes thank you - as the kids are now grown up it is a lot more of a muted affair than it used to be.

Still it's an excuse to eat too much, drink too much and do nothing.

How was yours (obvious injury problems aside)?

Comment

morning all
                  grey and king billy in sad sarf herts.
                  Monday.

meh.

Comment

The overwhelming greyness has got a little lighter.

But not by much.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Co-op shop.

The one in Neath went years ago.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 January 2020, 09:07.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The overwhelming greyness has got a little lighter.

But not by much.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Co-op shop.

The one in Neath went years ago.

the last time i used a co-op was in Basel in 2012.
                      every morning i'd pick up breakfast and lunch, as it was just opposite clientco's offices.

Comment

Working...
                      X