• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Got to Victoria without incident, as one would expect. On arrival, I thought I was being clever but wasn't. This resulted in me exiting out of completely the wrong side of the station and having to walk all the way round to get onto the right road to the bakery (it's just by the coach station).
    Victoria’s a bugger for that. The other year I was trying to get to Microsoft’s place, directly across the road from the front of the station, and somehow ended up wandering around Eaton Square Gardens

Comment

Landed ok then! Was it bumpy?
      Only when he ran over a cyclist.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Victoria’s a bugger for that. The other year I was trying to get to Microsoft’s place, directly across the road from the front of the station, and somehow ended up wandering around Eaton Square Gardens
        You were probably looking for Maggie's house. I laid flowers outside when she died.

Comment

If the weather was a bit better, I might have popped up to the nearby chip shop (re-opened yet again under yet newer management) for a Pukka pie and chips
          which is what i had, albeit with frozen chips and peas.

oh, and HP sauce brillo.
          proper manly sauce, not for wooses

Comment

Rooting around in the freezer, I discovered the last portion of those ribs in a mango-chutney-based BBQ sauce that I made a few months ago. I’d vacuum-packed them, so they got reheated in a pan of boiling water for about twenty minutes. Dished up with chips, and very nice indeed

Comment

Rooting around in the freezer, I discovered the last portion of those ribs in a mango-chutney-based BBQ sauce that I made a few months ago. I’d vacuum-packed them, so they got reheated in a pan of boiling water for about twenty minutes. Dished up with chips, and very nice indeed
              Cracking way to preserve and warm up, keeps them all juicy!

Comment

Cracking way to preserve and warm up, keeps them all juicy!
                Yes! First time I’d tried that way, and it works a treat

Comment

Following the completion of the viewing of the commentary on The Rock, "Appaloosa (2003)" vaguely appealed.

Or at least it did for 40 minutes after which the appeal seemed to decline a bit & it got switched off.

I see the plod have been doing their usual on Fabian Way and closing the fecking thing for 5 fecking hours after someone got runover.

What is fecking wrong with these people?

Closing a road for 5 hours?

No wonder my bus never turned up this morning.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Following the completion of the viewing of the commentary on The Rock, "Appaloosa (2003)" vaguely appealed.

Or at least it did for 40 minutes after which the appeal seemed to decline a bit & it got switched off.

I see the plod have been doing their usual on Fabian Way and closing the fecking thing for 5 fecking hours after someone got runover.

What is fecking wrong with these people?

Closing a road for 5 hours?

No wonder my bus never turned up this morning.
                    Mebbe all their bits got scraped up the road and it took a while to pick them all up.

I remember, back when I used to commute up the Brighton main line (not a euphemism), meeting a member of the BTP. He mentioned how body parts have a tendency to be distributed up the tracks if the train hit them just right and they couldn't reopen the line until all parts were accounted for. Nasty job.

Comment

This evening I watched some Only Connect, part 3 of the RI Christmas Lectures, and last week's Film Review with Mark Kermode.

I really must go to see 1917 (2019) - IMDb before it disappears

Comment

Working...
                      X