• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue skies and sunny here in Glasgow.

My weather app tells me it's 5 degrees.

The consultancy I work via sent me two draft contract options last night. Neither of which I like the look of. Consequently didn't sleep all that well as I was too busy being annoyed by some of the clauses. I was hoping for a sensible approach but it's increasingly looking like ClientCo will deem me inside. I need to talk to the manager as I don't think the consultancy chap is willing to push for an outside determination - he wants his consultants to be his employees.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Blue skies and sunny here in Glasgow.

you got the wrong flight???

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

you got the wrong flight???
        I've had to put my sunglasses on!

It's the end of times, I tell ye

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Clear blue sky here too

Still only 6°C out there though, and it’ll be chilly tonight - forecast is for -2°

Comment

Nice and sunny. Good day for a walk but knackered as spent morning clearing overgrown village walkway. Mostly just us old farts volunteering as usual.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk walked in the glorious sunshine.

Happily enough the ice had melted on the road by the time I started out.

Overtook a horse & rider on the way up the hill.

Either I'm a very fast walker or that was a remarkably slow horse.

In other news, oh good. A "Final Demand" from the council for overpayment of Housing Benefit for someone who's never lived here.

Ever.

More tulipe to deal with on Monday morning.

I have a vague recollection (no surprise there then) of receiving one such missive some time ago.

Dunno what I did about it, but it's down to the council offices on Monday morning bright & early.

If bailiffs turn up they may not get along the front path alive.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Well, the addled one was returned home from respite care at 15:00 on Thursday.
              she's now in A&E, having fallen over between bed and bog at 02:30 this morning

less than 36 hours.

feck it.
              it just keeps getting better eh?

I've spent many "happy" hours in A&E with whichever parent had fallen over/whatever in the care home.

I sometimes wonder how I coped.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2020, 13:39.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

God smiles on those who go carbon neutral

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I've spent many "happy" hours in A&E with whichever parent had fallen over/whatever in the care home.

I sometimes wonder how I coped.
                  I am amazed you did not end up like me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Hmm... I don't think that's me...

Comment

nah its Global warming/cooling/Climate disaster/change new ice age / encroaching desserts/normal weather - delete as appropriate.

I have actually stood in the sunshine eating an ice cream after we had to evacuate a large office because some idiot decided to braze under a smoke detector.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X