• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I spoke to my brother. Who has just had first grandchild.

Long story. But his daughter is vulnerable. 37 years old. Desperate for child. Became besotted with her boss.

He was selling a house he owned with his ex partner. They had split. 2 weeks before the birth, he accidentally called her. FRom restaurant. Romantic dinner with "ex". She walked 3 miles to confront her(why not him?). His "ex" was unaware of her!

He also has 5 children with his ex-wife. And a child with another woman.

He is contrite! She is deciding if to take him back! As if he will change! Men are such *****s. Not like HWMBO!
    The birth was very difficult. My niece lost loads of blood. And had her bits stitched back together. But the baby is superb! I suspect my brother and his wife are going to be doing alot of work.

Comment

There are many people around who need sterilising.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I see your frog and raise you a rat that had the top of his head removed by the motor of the dishwasher. I was trying to work out why it was jammed and found that delight. The rat was still quite juicy it had probably only be there for a few days.

It was a blocked filter in the end the rat's demise was a coincidence.
        Ohhh! Good story!

Once I was at work. Mrs BP found bottom half of a mouse. She wondered where the top half was.

She then found it. The cat sicked it up! And there were kids in the house so she could not wait for me to clean it up!

Comment

We had a cat who could catch squirrels. He caught 2 in 24 hours once!

Comment

Whenever I read about the Polish cafe, I always think of a cafe that just serves Mr Sheen....
            I believe he usually sits at the table in the corner

Started on a new book last night. I got some books for Christmas. Real books - not kindle.
            Same here, which was good because there were a few cubic inches of the flat not yet filled with books

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Same here, which was good because there were a few cubic inches of the flat not yet filled with books
              There's a yard of books over by there in the corner that's just waiting for the chance to go to the Oxfam shoppe in Swansea.

Having finished Smiley's People, we are now on to "Neverwhere", a BBC production from the 1990s that's sat in the pile since 2008.

Cost me £17 that did.

It's 6 halfhour eps.

Really really weird with it.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Pleased to report that, in keeping with the traditions of the season, I forgot to trundle forth the recycling bin for its timeshifted emptying today

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  There's a yard of books over by there in the corner that's just waiting for the chance to go to the Oxfam shoppe in Swansea.

Having finished Smiley's People, we are now on to "Neverwhere", a BBC production from the 1990s that's sat in the pile since 2008.

Cost me £17 that did.

It's 6 halfhour eps.

Really really weird with it.
                  One of my favourite books. very weird, but the TV series was as good an adaptation as you were likely to get give the time it was made.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Freshly baked sausage rolls for lunch

Last edited by NickFitz; 28 December 2019, 15:20.

Comment

Just checked the “goofs” page for The Living Daylights on IMDb, and it seems nobody else has noticed that a Russian lorry on a base in Afghanistan had a prominent plaque from some firm in “Leeds, England” affixed to its tailgate

Comment

Working...
                      X