• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there such a thing as a straight line?

Comment

My Bing map thingy now has everything I can think of, switching to/from Google Streetview, switching map types, auto suggest, directions, overlaying images, placing pins, drawing polygons/polylines/circles/rectangles, saving/loading locations for same, showing tracks from my Garmin Oregon, showing locations with descriptions/images from my open access places Excel sheet, showing location as both lat/lon and OS , centring on entered ditto...

I need another nice pointless techie project to fill me time. Bit late to unretire, darn it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been a roast beef dinner, and exceedingly nice it was

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think it is 0-0 so far.
          That seems equitable to both parties. Let’s hope nobody ruins things by scoring a goal

Comment

No trundling tonight, as the season of festive inconvenience means the bins are being done on Saturday.

The kebab shop over the way has closed early.

And I’m going to finally settle down with a beer and watch a blockbuster film of some ilk in peace

Comment

HWMBO is properly poorly : I hope he's better by Saturday as he had organised a lunch with lots of old university friends.

I had planned to WFH tomorrow anyway so I'm pleased I'll be around to keep an eye on him.

Comment

The evening's entertainment consisted of the final ep & specials of The Dresden Files.

It must be said that the specials added very little of value since I fell asleep during the commentary.

Followed by Smiley's People E1 & 2, of which I have absoluckingfutely no recall whatsoever.

Alan Rickman turned up in ep 1.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 December 2019, 23:25.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And I’m going to finally settle down with a beer and watch a blockbuster film of some ilk in peace
                  The first film turned out to be Logan (2017), which I obtained ages ago as a result of some special offer or other. It's hung around ever since on the “unwatched” list, so I decided to go for it. It’s OK in a modern angst-ridden superhero kind of way, though it seems it’s a sequel of some kind, and there are various aspects that remain unclear if you haven’t watched the preceding films (which presumably aren’t called “Logan” or it would have a “2” or other number to indicate its nature). It’s probably OK if you like that kind of thing and are willing to find out what the ones before it are called and watch them first

After that, in search of something which made sense (in the loosest meaning of the word) in its own right, I rewatched Geostorm (2017). Arrant nonsense from start to finish, and if anything even more laughable and ridiculous on a second viewing, when having some familiarity with the plot makes the vast and yawning chasms therein even more noticeable. So about right for that no-man’s-time between Christmas and New Year

Goodnight all

Comment

That seems equitable to both parties. Let’s hope nobody ruins things by scoring a goal
                    4-0! The first placed team against the 2nd placed team!

Comment

No trundling tonight, as the season of festive inconvenience means the bins are being done on Saturday.
                      So you are on the same refuse collection asus. Friday 3rd Jan will be collected on Saturday 4tjh for us. Then back to Friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X