• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    A quick squiz at GitHub reveals approximately 1300 different projects containing the word Badger in the name.

Rate limit . GitHub

The most relevant of which, i.e. it is simply named Badger and nothing else, is this one, which also sounds like it might be vaguely useful to someone if I knew what it was actually talking about.

GitHub - dgraph-io/badger: Fast key-value DB in Go.

Introducing Badger: A fast key-value store written purely in Go
    From the KVS docs: "To get unique monotonically increasing integers with strong durability, you can use the DB.GetSequence method. This method returns a Sequence object, which is thread-safe and can be used concurrently via various goroutines."

Personally, I'd just set up an HTTP client that scrapes pages from the Counting Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      In the bog standing at my usual urinal, the one closest to the corner, having a nice slash when in comes an oik & despite there being three free urinals, decides to stand right next to me.

I found this a trifle offputting, it being, really & truly, Not The Done Thing.
      It could have been worse....much worse....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        It could have been worse....much worse....

Indeed it could have been worse, but it was really odd.

The funniest bog of the lot was the one with 3 urinals, and if someone took the centre one* it became very difficult to use either of the others. :rollin

*This, in and of itself, is intrinsically odd, other than when the other two were on the edge of getting blocked & flooding the place.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Personally, I'd just set up an HTTP client that scrapes pages from the Counting Thread
          Which would work as long as it could cope with hex, binary, octal, and floating point.

Oh, and the odd bit of MMXV.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Suppose I'd better do the shopping

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Suppose I'd better do the shopping
              And so it came to pass… eventually

Amazon delivered my Mum's Mothers Day card just as I was about to leave, so I popped up to the locker for that. Then I found I didn't have any address labels printed for her, so I made some of those and printed them off, and signed the card.

Out the back, the recycling trundlers had managed to shed a couple of beer bottles, one of which was smashed all over the way out, menacing my car tyres. So I got the padded work gloves, and grovelled out there collecting all the bits I could and kicking the rest into the weeds at the side.

And thanks to all that, once I got out it was school run time; and as I wanted to post the card so as to give it a good chance of getting there tomorrow, I was headed to the sorting office out in the Gamma Quadrant, there being lots of schools between here and there

Anyway, got that posted, and from there it's a short run down the outer ring road to finally make it to the shops. Some things forgotten, some unnecessary things purchased, and I can finally have lunch: a frankfurter in a large finger roll, as I haven't had one of those in years and I thought it'd make a change from rookwurst

Comment

hi guys! - missed me?
                no?
                oh, well
                i didn't expect so

Comment

Agency sent me another form to fill in.
                  asked for religion.
                  i put 'pastafarian'
                  they complained.
                  i sent copy of my registration as a pastor
                  such fun