• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all going to be a stinking hot day here.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Damnably hot again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Afternoon denizens

Damnably hot again
        WNFS.

With bells & whistles on.

Discovered why (as if I didn't know anyway) the milk was going off: the bottom of the fridge is getting down to a nice warm toasty 10 deg C, which ain't exactly cold enough.

Ho hum.

The latest batch of lentil <pffffft> soup is cooked & the bowl I consumed for tea seems suitably unsalty enough to fit well with that overwhelmingly salt batch I did a fortnight ago.

Went down to Machine Mart to get some rust killer to start on the linepost re-erection. Shouldn't take more than another 6 or 8 weeks before it's done.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Discovered why (as if I didn't know anyway) the milk was going off: the bottom of the fridge is getting down to a nice warm toasty 10 deg C, which ain't exactly cold enough.

Ho hum.
          Sounds similar to the start of the process by which I got a new fridge a couple of years ago

Towel wash done. At least they'll dry quickly in this heat

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            a rewatch of Catch Me If You Can (2002), the true (though presumably gingered up a bit for the film) story of the great con artist Frank Abagnale Jr.
            WNFS.

Except I've never watched it before.

It's mouldered in the heap for many years until today.

It was very good & well worth watching.

I thought there were some familiar faces, to whit, Amy Acker of "Person of Interest" & "Angel", along with Jennifer Garner, she of "Alias" etc.

And there's last week's ep of "Low Winter Sun" duly watched, though I really don't enjoy it much.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 July 2018, 20:48.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely roast pork dinner this evening

It's left the kitchen extremely hot, though. Helps the towels to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                WNFS.

Except I've never watched it before.

It's mouldered in the heap for many years until today.

It was very good & well worth watching.

I thought there were some familiar faces, to whit, Amy Acker of "Person of Interest" & "Angel", along with Jennifer Garner, she of "Alias" etc.

And there's last week's ep of "Low Winter Sun" duly watched, though I really don't enjoy it much.
                Catch me if you can is an excellent film, I actually started liking DiCaprio after that!

Try J Edgar or the Aviator.

Just watching Elton John's - nations favourite song and it doesn't disappoint. I must admit I first noticed him with "I'm still standing" but I won't ruin the favourite.

When Sting & Annie Lennox gush about an artist you know you have good taste.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No telly tonight as I got distracted by assorted gubbins on the Internet, ending with this explanation of the use of Inmarsat's data to try to work out where MH370 went: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analys...communications

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, again.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grey day in Mancunia, bit of rain overnight but nothing that heavy. Lawns are turning a strange colour, green I think it's called.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X