• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all. Bright and sunny and warming up quickly.

No further instances of water falling from the sky since my last up date.

Final preparations for this weekends bicycle based shenanigans almost complete. Heading for the teeming metropolis that is Wrexham later today.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Clouding over in M17.

Summer showers on their way no doubt.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Yes - though the opticians I use is actually an optical lab that makes and sells glasses at much less than optician's prices. There's several normal opticians too, though. And there are at least two pharmacies I can think of, though I use one on the road parallel, for obscure historical reasons
        So it IS cool, then - specs and drugs and sausage rolls

Comment

Morning

cloudy in sarf herts

Comment

Well due to the motor needing a service I find myself in sunny Speke and the office of SWMBO.

The air con is broken - probably someone nicked it I imagine.

Not much around here for lunch except KFC....

A change is as good as a rest I suppose!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Well due to the motor needing a service I find myself in sunny Speke and the office of SWMBO.

That Esteemed Customer from "the other place down on the bay" is back again.

In a lab entirely empty of anything other than cardboard boxes along with the odd chair & workbench.

I suppose he's still got power, so that's a plus, like.

One is vaguely interested to learn that The Esteemed Customers may obtain free sausage rolls from Greggs when they purchase other fat laden comestibles.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/apos-free...093259020.html
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2018, 10:42.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Overcast yet rather warm

The plot thickens in the doctor's back yard. It looks like the ditch to the drain was to install a new drain, not fix an existing one. It seems as if they're extending the place backwards into what was an outhouse, possibly even a coal bunker; mayhap installing a shower or something. It appears that the surgery nurse is being called upon to adjudicate when decisions about the work are required, as she was just out there being asked something by the builders, standing in a pose that somehow conveyed the notion that she didn't know and didn't care what the right answer might be but had been stuck with the responsibility by her boss, the GP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  So it IS cool, then - specs and drugs and sausage rolls

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Ah, the grandeur that is Speke! When I was very young, we lived just over the road in Hunt's Cross

Also, my Orion was manufactured along the road in Halewood at what was then the Ford plant, but is now Jaguar Land Rover.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Ah, the grandeur that is Speke! When I was very young, we lived just over the road in Hunt's Cross

Also, my Orion was manufactured along the road in Halewood at what was then the Ford plant, but is now Jaguar Land Rover.
                      Interesting seems that Hunt's cross station is 1 mile - or 7 minutes walk according to google (which seems to imply I walk at 8 ish mph which is novel)

And Hunt's cross shopping park is nearby - may go there for some lunch....

Comment

Working...
                      X