• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Landed ok then! Was it bumpy?
    Over the east coast of Ireland was a bit of rollercoaster CAT at FL310. Also the last 1000ft coming in over London was a bit choppy, we hit the southern runway quite hard.

And there was an accident on the Northern Perimeter road, which meant I ended up going home via Hatton/Walton/Cobham.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off to mudskipper country for tonight’s viewing, with the film of the Nevil Shute book I finished last night: No Highway in the Sky (1951). It’s good and fairly faithful to the book, though various aspects of the story and characters obviously have to be elided or omitted entirely to make it work both as a film and in the time available. Worth a watch

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Following the completion of the viewing of the commentary on The Rock, "Appaloosa (2003)" vaguely appealed.

Or at least it did for 40 minutes after which the appeal seemed to decline a bit & it got switched off.

I see the plod have been doing their usual on Fabian Way and closing the fecking thing for 5 fecking hours after someone got runover.

What is fecking wrong with these people?

Closing a road for 5 hours?

No wonder my bus never turned up this morning.
        You are Jeremy Clarkson and I claim my £5.

Jeremy Clarkson on Twitter: "Dear The Police, I know it was a nasty crash in Hammersmith last night but how can it take this long to re-open the road?"
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Off to mudskipper country for tonight’s viewing, with the film of the Nevil Shute book I finished last night: No Highway in the Sky (1951). It’s good and fairly faithful to the book, though various aspects of the story and characters obviously have to be elided or omitted entirely to make it work both as a film and in the time available. Worth a watch

Goodnight all
            Indeed.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            The 2nd attempt at an epic was "No Highway in the Sky (1951)" with James Stewart, Marlene Dietrich, Glynis Johns, Jack Hawkins, et al, inculding Kenneth Moore and Dora Bryan.

No Highway (1951) - IMDb

As it transpires it's a copy, and the transfer is pretty dire in places.

But the story is a fecking sight more impressive than the first piece of tulipe above.

He's Goddamn Right! WTF?

Morning

Grey dark dank dreary dire damp depressing wet rainy & sunless.

Friday.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 January 2020, 08:59.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning all

CBS in sunny sarf herts

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you feeling today?

Comment

I remembered to put the bins out last night and a quick glance out the kitchen window confirms someone took them away.

It appears to be dry at the moment but I hear strong winds and much rain is forecast. It'll make for an interesting flight later if it hasn't been and gone by then.

WFH today, got a wash on which is just hitting its spin cycle. Just one more load to do and wash basket nirvana will be achieved.

Comment

Morning all
                    Blue skies, sunshine, a gentle breeze. Lovely day for flying. Unlike the days this week I was actually flying.

Comment

Oh yeah, just remembered...
                      TFIF, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X