• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way home back to Londonshire alone.

I'll be back up in a couple of weeks to make sure HWMBO hasn't run off.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I predict more soup-making this weekend
      Soup-making currently under way

Comment

thucculent thirloin thteak fo dinner.
        very nice, with chips and oyster mushrooms.
        and a nice chianti.

's a hard life

Comment

Landed at that Heathrow, 15 mins early. Tube just about to depart.

Comment

It's Oak Island nutjob time.

What won't we find this week?

We didn't find the triangular rock thing on the seabed to be anything other than a couple of rocks that may or may not be significant.

The "anchor" turned out to be, wait for it, wait for it, a couple of rocks on the seabed.

The H8 excavation is terminated in case it all falls down into a sink hole.

They've excavated & documented the "slipway".

Found another iron spike.

Found an iron hinge.

Blacksmith reckoned the iron hinge dates to the 1600s.

The iron spikes reckoned to be Roman () are reckoned by the blacksmith to be crib spikes and definitely unRoman.

Next week they put another casing in and start bringing up substantial chunks of oak timber, the sort that take two people to pick up.

And some map guy is going to make a multiplane mapping using all the available info from all the needful diggings over the last century or so.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 January 2020, 22:49.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And home. Peaceful and quiet. Bliss.

Comment

The soup came to fruition, or at least initial fruition. It’s chicken and lentil, but this time I used a tin of chopped tomatoes rather than tomato purée, to bulk it up a bit; also, more lentils.

The bowl I had was nice but still a little thin, so I’m just reducing the rest of it a bit more before portioning it up

Comment

The bulking seems to have worked, for even after further reduction there are five generously-sized bowls’ worth of soup to go in the freezer

Comment

Pearl barley would bulk it up even more.

I wish I could get the timing right on the rice pud, today's effort was okish but I'd have preferred it not to be quite so solid.

It seemed about right when I took it out of the oven.

Ho hum.

Must try again next week.

Tea, as it happens, was a chicken kiev (Morrisons, reduced) with baked beans on Morrisons multi seed toast, plus 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The kievs festered in the fridge for a while so needed eating.

Aside from the nutjobs, the evening's entertainment was "The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)".

Which comes with a 2nd dvd, "The Philadelphia Experiment (2012)", a SyFy production which is, according to reviews, absolute crap despite not having Tom Cruise or Nick Cage in it.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 January 2020, 23:35.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Pearl barley would bulk it up even more.
                      Chicken and barley soup will be the fate of the next big chicken, as I think I’ve only got one of those left

No telly tonight, apart from a bit of road policing stuff while I ate. Instead I have finished Bad Blood. An excellent read, and I’m very pleased the Theranos Mafia got caught, run out of town, and will probably go to jail when their cases finally get to court

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X