• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Brill!

I was wondering how restaurants and bars were dealing with excess stock. Glad you're doing your bit for the community and helping them out

Yes, they're also doing home deliveries, so they email out a limited menu (maybe 3 or 4 items) and you order at least 24 hours in advance, they deliver to your home. They're also doing weekly specials - e.g. shepherd's pie for a family of 4.
    And the local breweries will fill up your growler for you - they're overstocked with beer that was ready to go out to pubs.
    The breweries are also suffering from b*stards like Tim Martin, who is refusing to pay the breweries for their deliveries, saying he can't sell it so it's their problem.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Cup of coffee and a hot cross bun (not toasted) taken in lieu of a proper lunch. Lashings of butter because my kitchen is cold and it's not easily spreadable (my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

I am not impressed with the Sainsbury's HCBs from their fresh bakery section. Not very well spiced and hardly any fruit. The Tesco fancy pants range ones were rather nice. I may make a bread and butter pudding with the remaining Sainsbury's ones. With a splash of booze in it.

Comment

After a morning of dozing whilst listening to music on the newly rearranged hifi, the afternoon has so far been occupied with reading more of "The Mitrokhin Archive".

Since I've got as far as 1944 and the wide selection of British traitors it's got a bit more inneresting, thankfully.

That Stalin chap was totally paranoid and not in a good way.

Dear old Red Joan (as she wasn't known) has just made an appearance in regard to Tube Alloys.

Philby, Blunt, Bugger Burgess, MacLean and Cairncross have been doing their traitorous things too, along with Klaus Fuchs etc.

The supply of useful idiots seems to have been almost limitless.

I think I'll wander up to the Post Office to collect my TV Times, a snip at £2.20, rather than the extortionate amount now required for The Radio Times, which used to go up by 3p and 5p until the BBC sold it off, whereupon it went up in 20p increments instead.

I graphed the price against time and the change in slope is quite marked.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2020, 14:12.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Hmm... I ought to have something to eat, I guess.

So far today I've had a yoghurt, half a small glass of orange juice and a dark chocolate two-finger kit kat.

yeah before you start on the next pallet
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            65 and 141. Holding steady; maybe there’s hope as long as we can keep those festering county types outside the city walls
            65 and 146. The walls are holding…

Comment

Just made the epic trek down to the hall and then even deeper to the cellar to read the electricity and gas meters, as the bill seemed a little high even for the coldest quarter of the year. After getting the real figures, it turns out their estimate for gas is seriously low and for daytime electricity seriously high. Once all the calculations are applied, though, it works out that I’ll pay £13 more by giving the correct figures.

As they recently wrote to say that the price per unit is going down marginally from next month (I think it said), it makes more sense to leave it for now. That way, when the next bill is due, I’ll still end up paying for the excess gas but at the new, lower rate. Of course the savings on having used less electricity will also be less, but I’m hoping I come out ahead somehow. And of course the world might have ended before then, in which case an extra £13 could come in handy

Comment

Hold the bananas. They've just come back to say that the usual rate for this role is some £200 per day lower than what we first discussed...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Hold the bananas. They've just come back to say that the usual rate for this role is some £200 per day lower than what we first discussed...
                  Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                    Did you not read the post, the rate may be too low to accept.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      That's darn cheeky

Comment

Working...
                      X