• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Lunch: Heinz sandwich spread ( for the penultimate time) on Morrisons wholemeal, sunflower seed & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yogurt, two squeezed oranges, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    I bet you'll be pleased to see the back of the sandwich spread and won't be making that mistake again

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I bet you'll be pleased to see the back of the sandwich spread and won't be making that mistake again
      Indeed.

I also had a beetroot sandwich to a) get rid of another slice of bread and b) take the taste of sandwich spread away.

I'm rather surprised at how the wholemeal loaf is lasting so well.

Other brown breads would be blue by now, judging by experience.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

mmmm currry......
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I’m going to take my life in my hands and sally forth

Going to see if the Indian supermarket up the road has lentils, as I’d like to make more zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with the Big Chicken. If anywhere still has them, that’ll be the place

May stock up on rice too if available, but there’s always the chance they only have it in large sacks, which is a bit more than I need and would be awkward to store

Comment

Just heard back from yesterday's interview. The end clientco want me on board and so here begins the paperwork for a formal offer. Even better - permie job want rid of me and so will shorten notice period to get me out of the door.

Given I thought the interview was a train wreck that's quite satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Just heard back from yesterday's interview. The end clientco want me on board and so here begins the paperwork for a formal offer. Even better - permie job want rid of me and so will shorten notice period to get me out of the door.

Brilliant news!

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

Brilliant stuff! Congratulations!

Comment

I’m going to take my life in my hands and sally forth

Going to see if the Indian supermarket up the road has lentils, as I’d like to make more zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with the Big Chicken. If anywhere still has them, that’ll be the place

May stock up on rice too if available, but there’s always the chance they only have it in large sacks, which is a bit more than I need and would be awkward to store
                  Back again. Quite quiet out there

Not post-apocalypse style though, so still a bit of weaving required to avoid getting too close to other people

The Indian supermarket was out of red lentils so I got green ones. I would assume it doesn’t make much difference after they’ve been pressure cooked for a prolonged period - maybe a slight variation in colour? I gather they also don’t disintegrate so much, but I daresay I can cope with slightly lumpier soup

No rice, not even in sacks; he said everyone’s been after it.

And then over the road to the place that used to be Londis and is now One Stop, I think, where I was able to get a couple of tins of Heinz Beans and a packet of Rich Tea

Comment

Afternoon weather update

Brilliant Sunshine, balcony doors open, 9 degrees

6x Datu Puti Soy Sauce now dispatched
                    Married

Comment

Back again. Quite quiet out there

Not post-apocalypse style though, so still a bit of weaving required to avoid getting too close to other people

The Indian supermarket was out of red lentils so I got green ones. I would assume it doesn’t make much difference after they’ve been pressure cooked for a prolonged period - maybe a slight variation in colour? I gather they also don’t disintegrate so much, but I daresay I can cope with slightly lumpier soup

No rice, not even in sacks; he said everyone’s been after it.

And then over the road to the place that used to be Londis and is now One Stop, I think, where I was able to get a couple of tins of Heinz Beans and a packet of Rich Tea
                      Green seem to take double the cooking time of red...

Not All Lentils Are Created Equal—Which Variety Is Right for You? | Cooking Light

Comment

Working...
                      X