• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor operation complete. It looked like there was alot of blood. But a little goes a long way.

No shower/bath for 2 days. Which I hate - I shower twice a day usually.

At least I survived.

I am very tired though so night all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Looks like my brother made the daily wail: -

Retired Army Major Michael Tovell hanged himself in his home South Oxfordshire | Daily Mail Online

Daily Wail plumbing new depths.

I am amazed they have not referenced LCF though....
      That's cos inquests are public and journalists like to pop along to see if there's anything juicy.

My friend's brother-in-law's inquest also reached the Fail. Not suicide, got drunk and died on his own vomit I believe.

Hope you and yours are ok.

Comment

Busy busy busy at work today! Remembered to stop for lunch. Friday pie day in the canteen (as well as fush n chups). I get looked at like I'm a loon when I say a pie should have a pastry bottom as well as a top but hey ho.

Very productive day, made easier by the empty office.

Wind was getting up as I left. Positively tipping it down by the time I got to Hammersmith. Sunshine by the time I got off at Earl's Court.

ITIL Service Design exam tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The downstairs back are having smelly fish for tea. If the breeze carries the odour up and through my kitchen window, I may have to go into lockdown
          It's good to share.

Which is why I installed a cooker hood.

It's not perfect (probably because it's cheap) but helps a lot.

Now watching a thing about the Seigfried line at Aachen.

Which, naturally enough, got fecked up by Montgomery & Operation Market Garden.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

salmon, undyed smoked haddock and king prawn fish pie for dinner.

very tasty, and more in the freezer.

with a nice chablis

it's a hard life, this.

Comment

The evening is rounding off with "Sneakers (1992)" with Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier, et al.

Sneakers (1992) - IMDb

Comment

Proper dinner tonight: roast shoulder of lamb, with the trimmings. Lovely, it was

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Minor operation complete. It looked like there was alot of blood. But a little goes a long way.

No shower/bath for 2 days. Which I hate - I shower twice a day usually.

At least I survived.

I am very tired though so night all

Get well soon and all that

Comment

It be persisting it down now.

I wouldn't mind so much, as I find the sound of rain quite relaxing, but it's all the things that drip, drip, drip that drive me bonkers.

Not enough that I'll close my bedroom window, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The evening is rounding off with "Sneakers (1992)" with Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier, et al.

Sneakers (1992) - IMDb
                      It was ok in its way.

Inneresting to see a Cray again.

1992 is such a long time ago.

Would a mid 70s late 60s university computer have an acoustic modem?

Apparently the acoustic modem was invented in the early 60s and in production by the late 60s, so I suppose, yes, it might.

TFBSZ.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2019, 22:50.

Comment

Working...
                      X