• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the cat has just peed on the cleaner's rucksack!

Cat got distressed recently - we think due to seagulls. We learned to hang all bags up.

The cleaner has been on holiday for a few weeks so did not know...

Comment

Morning denizens

Lots of rain overnight, but it'd stopped by nine and the sun's just come out

It'll be back this afternoon though, so I'd better do the shopping soon

Comment

morning

Comment

Shopping done!

A few weeks ago, Sainsbury's stopped selling the own-brand Taste the Difference Fair-trade (how many adjectival phrases do they need?) coffee beans I liked, so I've had to make do with the only ones, out of the three varieties they did, that they still had in stock. This was enough of a shock to the system that I seriously considered going to the other big Sainsbury's, out of town on the opposite side of the city, to see if they still had any; but they'd vanished from the website too, so I feared they were gone forever

Today: they're back! Slight problem: the packaging has been completely redesigned. As the ones I liked were "the ones in the pack with the orange spot colour", I had no idea which I wanted

I took a punt on Kenyan, as their Kenyan tea has been in orange packaging since the 1980s, when my then-GF decreed, after extensive trials, that it was the best and thus the one we'd drink from then on. (I still do.)

And a quick Google shows that I was right, as there are still plenty of images of the old packaging knocking around

Comment

And with 5hrs to go on the contract, mild panic is setting in as suddenly undiscovered "features" now get reported for me to look into.

And that's before they discover any features that I might already know about, but they don't.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              And the cat has just peed on the cleaner's rucksack!

isn't that a line from a welsh song <translated to English>??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                isn't that a line from a welsh song <translated to English>??
                Is that the same song with the line "Boris Johnson 100 carrots"? (ask Alexa to translate it)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Not quite raining sticks & old women but it's doing its best, like.

Unfortunately this will make the grass grow again which is never A Good Thing.

If I could be arsed I'd do the moss removal thing again but the very thought of 50 or so bags of moss is more than I can bear.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Is that the same song with the line "Boris Johnson 100 carrots"? (ask Alexa to translate it)
                    who the ****'s alexa??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      who the ****'s alexa??
                      One of those AI things that listens to all your conversations so the Google drones have sommat to laugh at.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X