• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Well having dug around my Google timeline and various other places, it seems I was talking complete tosh. Shooters Hill is the highest point in SE London. Now I'm left wondering what 'slight rise' we walked up but hey ho.

Oh and Severndroog Castle is now £3.50. A quid increase in three years.
    Leith Hill Tower isn’t as salubrious as Severndroog Castle, but you can get tea at the bottom and allegedly see 13 counties from the top. And it’s the highest point in the SE of England, if you rule out somewhere in Wessex.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On the box tonight, the final episode of From the Earth to the Moon, covering Apollo 17 and, for some reason, the making of Georges Méliès' A Trip to the Moon (1902).

The rain should be arriving any minute. Early night for me, as I want to get the shopping done in the morning, when there's forecast to be a couple of rain-free hours

Goodnight all

Comment

Could have done without waking up at 04:10 to find that the only thing on the World Service was Ian Duncan Baldy telling the
        how fecking wonderful the new age of freedom will be.

So between about 04:40 and now I've read the last chapter or so of The Tome which is now residing comfortably in the done & dusted pile in the corner of what passes for my living room.

I suspect it'll be off to Oxfam with a lot of those books.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Thinking of Shooters Hill, there's the quaint folly, Severndroog Castle, which you can go up for about £2.50 and see for miles! They even have binoculars up there. Cute little tea room at the bottom too.
          I lived a mile from there in the early nineties. It was up for sale for about 200k. I looked at buying it.

The issue is it is isolated. It attracts yobs from the local area. And being grade listed it would have been a money pit.

As my weekday digs are near there I must visit some time.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Mind you, I don't know if admin has time for it anyway
            Have not seen admin around for a bit. I know he was having troubles with his disabled sister and was musing about moving to cornwall. I hope he is okay. Lovely chap. Unless he is banning me....

Comment

Century. And becoming number one poster in tpd.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Century

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                And becoming number one poster in tpd.

Comment

Looks like my brother made the daily wail: -

Retired Army Major Michael Tovell hanged himself in his home South Oxfordshire | Daily Mail Online

Daily Wail plumbing new depths.

I am amazed they have not referenced LCF though....

Comment

Morning all

Last day invoicing the ClientCo.

It may be grey and miserable out, The Dog (tw) may have got filthy on our walk, but it's almost time for a rest
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just booked a trip down to Cardiff! A chance to drive the A470 end to end!

Comment

Working...
                      X