• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final invoices raised, now to get on with the job list.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Gordon Bennet. Just had some hail. Never seen that in August before.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          A friend runs a local charity so we went to their summer fair. It was a rail of school clothes. A tombola. A raffle. An area for children to draw. A sweet stall. And an area of medieval knights. So we spent a few quid and were out in 15 minutes.

Still the knights had dressing up clothes. And a dog. So everyone happy.
          And I just received a call to say I have won a prize! Some cables - which is what I wanted to win! Well it could have been something other than cables - the caller had a thick accent.

I have sent Mrs BP to pick up my "cables"

If I don't want them, I will give them as a prize for next year.

The tombola prize was a small lego package. That will go to India for disadvantaged children.

Comment

And I just received a call to say I have won a prize! Some cables - which is what I wanted to win! Well it could have been something other than cables - the caller had a thick accent.

I have sent Mrs BP to pick up my "cables"

If I don't want them, I will give them as a prize for next year.

The tombola prize was a small lego package. That will go to India for disadvantaged children.
            Which reminds me. For the Christ Church Eltham (the one for which the CUK denizens kindly sponsored me for my first iron man) fete tombola I won some greek wine. So I gave it back as a prize. I won it again the next year! God has a sense of humour.

Comment

Century drivel.

Comment

Century drivel.

Comment

I was about to drivel for the pali too. Then realized there has been a millennium since.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Links are up
                    About time too!

It’s been raining here along with some thunder, all outdoor jobs are cancelled and I’ve now got The Dog trembling, panting and drooling while standing on me because of the thunder.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      About time too!

It’s been raining here along with some thunder, all outdoor jobs are cancelled and I’ve now got The Dog trembling, panting and drooling while standing on me because of the thunder.
                      Lovely day here, though it rained a little in Swansea.

But that's Swansea for you.

Went searching for "Rambo III" with no success other than a 4k Bluray for 13 times what I was prepared to pay for it.

Also saw what is now as rare as hen's teeth, namely a HD DVD player in addition to a pile of HD dvds.

Someone made an investment there.

£30 in the Red Cross shoppe.

I passed on the opportunity to purchase yet another obsolete format.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X