• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I defrosted some chicken wings that had been languishing in the freezer and am hoping to render them edible in some way with a suitably sticky sauce.

Will report back to confirm the abject failure of my mission.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I thought I was too lucky. 3 miles/15 minutes from home. Not a drop of rain. I thought I had dodged it.

There was then a torrential downpour. WTH and BR14 will be delighted to know I am like a drowned tree rat now.....
      fair game for the black widow then

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Well there's a thing. Two new business opportunities in one day. One contracting related, one not.

This might be interesting.
        If the non contracting one is cycling, I hope your knee is up to it.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          If the non contracting one is cycling, I hope your knee is up to it.....
          wot 'e said, and wear body armour in Surrey and earplugs in sarf herts

Comment

Now watching a thing about

Solutrean hypothesis - Wikipedia
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chicken wings turned out to be very sticky indeed. I think I've discovered a new form of glue.

Nice enough, could do with being a little less sweet and a bit more spicy. All in all a good experiment, although my flat now smells odd.

Comment

“Getting a bit chilly in here now,” I thought. Checked the temperature: 21.5°, which I’m pretty sure had me saying “Getting really warm in here” a few weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  “Getting a bit chilly in here now,” I thought. Checked the temperature: 21.5°, which I’m pretty sure had me saying “Getting really warm in here” a few weeks ago
                  I was really quite cold on Saturday night when I went to bed. Had to put my bed socks on! I then woke up at 2am and had to take them off as I was too hot...

Comment

The thing on BBC2 about the Italian bridge collapse in Genoa was inneresting.

Sounds like grouting steel cables to prevent corrosion has certain disadvantages.

Now watching the Great Train Robbery thing on 4+1.

Mmmmmmm. Bed socks. Mmmmmmm.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Downhill all the way to February now.

In other news it was chucking it just now. Not quite old women & sticks but getting that way.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2019, 21:14.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea, just for a change

There’s a nice moon looking through the window, it having overcome the clouds that were obscuring it earlier

Comment

Working...
                      X