• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The hardware store over the road has been closed for a couple of weeks. When I popped over to Sainsbury’s Local yesterday I had a look at the notice taped to the shutters, which said that he’d be closed from some date or other until the 14th.

However, there was no indication of whether this range was inclusive or exclusive of its end point

He’s still closed today, so I assume inclusive.
    People do underestimate the importance of defining boundaries

Comment

The laundry has been done. All hail the mighty washing machine!

And I decided to try making chocolate ganache, as it’s supposed to be pretty easy to make being just chocolate and cream combined according to certain simple rules. Turns out it is easy, and I now have a bowl of the stuff in the fridge for which I shall have to find some use. I suspect some of the frozen strawberries might make an appearance later

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        People do underestimate the importance of defining boundaries
        Could have been a new variant of the fencepost problem if I’d gone over there today to buy some fenceposts

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

And a bit of forking over where the new lawn extension will eventually be.

Totally fecked now.
          forking on the lawn? - must be nice and warm there then

no complaints from the neighbours?

Comment

Dinner has been a scrumptious fish pie.

a delight to the taste buds.

bloody marvelous.

i must have got something right, for once.

and a nice chablis.

watching AC130 gunships now.

Comment

Dinner from the Chinese as usual, and very nice too

Not busy; confessed herself unable to think of a reason other than “People haven’t got any money”.

The new(ish) telly proved too big, which I thought it might be, and has been replaced with a smaller brand new one of some weird brand. Widescreen though, so the edges of the adverts are now visible, which they weren’t on the old fourteen-inch CRT

Comment

Not busy; confessed herself unable to think of a reason other than “People haven’t got any money”.

The new(ish) telly proved too big, which I thought it might be, and has been replaced with a smaller brand new one of some weird brand. Widescreen though, so the edges of the adverts are now visible, which they weren’t on the old fourteen-inch CRT
                They certainly don't have any money around here.

Thanks for the update, I was worrying about the lack of tv in the Chinese takeaway.

Things just wouldn't taste the same.

Tea this evening was more of the Chili con carne from earlier in the week that had festered in the freezer for 3 days or so to "bring out the flavour".

It certainly seemed to have.

The evening's first feature was "Mercury Rising (1998)" with that Bruce Willis chap and Alec Baldwin.

Mercury Rising (1998) - IMDb

It was suitably suspenseful and infinitely better than DH5 was.

Now watching the F4 Phantom thing on Smithsonian.

Spent ages trying to find the other copy of "True Romance" which proved, as always, to be in the last place I looked.

It's amazing how often that happens.

I was convinced I'd watched it recently.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                This evening's televisual treat is "True Romance" being a Q. Tarantino script directed by Tony Scott.

Feck me there's actors in this that didn't last 2 minutes before being offed.

And casting against type.

True Romance (1993) - IMDb
                23rd of April as it happens.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2019, 21:12.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Making up for lost viewing time tonight, I started with I Am Wrath (2016), in which John Travolta's wife is murdered, the cops don't seem to want to arrest those responsible, and it turns out Mr. T has a set of skills, etc. Pretty straightforward revenge action thriller thing, in other words. Quite a decent example of the genre, but very much an example of the genre. Worth a watch should it come your way, but don't bother rushing out to find it.

After that, a rewatch of Cloverfield (2008), which I again thought was really good stuff. The first time I watched it, I was drumming my fingers slightly for the first twenty minutes or so, as it seemed like a rather slow buildup to the action. This time, I enjoyed those twenty minutes as they contain a lot of subtle foreshadowing; so, it's worth watching twice at least for that alone. I really do recommend this one, as it's the best "found video" film I've seen, and perhaps the best monster attack movie as a corollary of that. Also, the tag line "Some thing has found us" is excellent

Long credits though; the actual film is only about one hour fourteen minutes, but the credits are nearly eleven minutes long. But hardly any of that is accountants.

And finally, one that I watched the first thirty-odd minutes of ages ago, but I wasn't in the mood so I called it off. It seems I was in the mood this time and made it all the way through Traffik (2018), in which a couple go away for a romantic weekend but get caught up in the machinations of a human trafficking ring. Suspenseful, gritty stuff.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    forking on the lawn? - must be nice and warm there then

no complaints from the neighbours?

They only complained as they weren't invited to join in.

Comment

Century

Comment

Working...
                      X