• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This evening I watched, on BBC iPlayer, episode 1 of Maps: Power, Plunder and Possession (available until 3am Sunday). Much of it already known to me, about how maps are generally political and very much of the making of the person who commissioned them.

Very slight hat tip at the end to the cluster**** that became Iraq and co when a bigoted Brit rode roughshod over the concerns of the local leaders about borders and drew a few red lines over middle East, thus consigning us to war and strife in that region for ever more...grrrr....
    Ever wondered why the top of ?Uganda? is a straight line?

Same reason, different tuliphead.

This evening's first ep of Jeremiah: "Ring of Truth" is the one with the fecking elephant in it.

"Jeremiah" Ring of Truth (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

Not the best by any means.

The 2nd ep was Jeremiah: "Moon in Gemini".

"Jeremiah" Moon in Gemini (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

Now awaiting the next Bad Skin Clinic.

Rosacea. Lasers.

Chap working in a supermarket (presumably on the till) who is allergic to something in the receipts which flares up his eczema.

Then a chap with some rare condition causing benign tumors over his head & neck.

Brooke-Spiegler syndrome - Genetics Home Reference - NIH

the removed lump is "exactly the consistency of the cartilege of a chicken".

Oh dear, this one's serious.

Doing a Mohs micrographic operation.

Which went very well.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2019, 21:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      the removed lump is "exactly the consistency of the cartilege of a chicken".
      I’ll ask my surgeon for the consistency of what he removes from me, but it’s not Brooke-Spiegler.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Ever wondered why the top of ?Uganda? is a straight line?

Same reason, different tuliphead.
        Sudan, by any chance?

My favourite bit of border-related shenanigans is the four-sided bit on the Egypt/Sudan border: Google Maps There are two possible borders there, one from one agreement, the other from another agreement. In order for either country to claim that bit, they'd have to recognise the border they currently don't, and thus lose bits they do want, so that bit ends up being in no country at all

More: Bir Tawil - Wikipedia

Comment

Tea has been chicken tikka masala (not out of the freezer) with rice and naan. Very tasty

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            if you know her in the biblical sense, - good luck with that, too.

Price is in. £850.

He takes 6” out of me, and that includes any follow up, if I have to come again for more. Sounds comparable.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Stone me, "Body Bizarre" is even worse.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

tea = chis & fips washed down with Mocne
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Watched some more of the programme about the Troubles whilst dining. Then it was onwards with S3 of Breaking Bad: E1 No Mas (TV Episode 2010) and E2 Caballo sin Nombre (TV Episode 2010).

Goodnight all

Comment

Proper chilly this morning down at 6 degrees..

Think it is because there was no cloud cover last night which is also why the sun is out and low on the horizon and in everybody's eyes.

Which is nice.

Nearly Thursday...

Comment

Happy hump day!

WFH so had a nice lie in. Haven't yet looked out the window to see what state things be in.

Today I aim to finish mocking up some application screens and writing the system requirements - I bloody hate writing user stories. However, if I can get a first pass done and dusted today I will have a fine sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                      X