• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Out walking the other day and wondered why my Garmin Oregon ran out of battery when I'd only recently charged it. Turned out I'd forgotten to turn it off the day before. The track it created while sat on the shelf indicates the extent of error these satnav things can have:

Either that or I was sleepwalking around my neighbours' properties.
    Your cat took it on his nighttime prowl.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Whitely grey sky.

No current precipitation.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Depressing.

Cooler today at 16.7 deg in here.

Barometer rising a bit.

<hiatus>

In with the hoi polloi.

Sniffers but no mouth breather.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 October 2019, 09:11.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning denizens

My mother's feeling a bit better and is out of bed today

I'd like to say it's my presence that has healing powers, but she attributes it to yesterday's fish and chips

Nice breakfast of rosti (with embedded fragments of bacon) and more bacon. Makes a change

Comment

Vaguely wanly sunly out there now.

Bought some beef for tomorrow (that I could equally easily have got out of the freezer) and a fine selection of preloved dvds.

On the stagger up to Tonna lock observed a Jay singing its remarkable song.

♫ Jay - song / call / voice / sound.

And I thought jackdaws were rough.

Comment

Lunch was a large seedy roll with ripe camembert and cranberry jelly.

oh, and 80CL of earl grey tea.

f'lup now.

Where's that scoury person gorn??
              WTFH shot him at last??

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Vaguely wanly sunly out there now.
                Drizzling now.

Lunch was the poached tomato/scrambled egg thing on Ancient Grain toast.

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Comment

Home!

Google Maps is absolutely convinced there's a road closure on the A6 and tries to send you off through Higham Ferrers. There is no road closure (it's in a couple of weeks and only at night, according to the signs) so I ignored it completely, but I noticed both going and coming back that the stretch of road in question seemed atypically quiet; presumably the centre of Higham Ferrers, such as it is, is unusually busy

Comment

Oh, and I got my shopping done on the way back. It would have been too much hassle to try to get mine at the same time as assisting my Dad, so I didn't bother last night, instead subjecting myself to the deep unpleasantness of the Saturday afternoon melée

Comment

I didn't have any coffee this morning. Wondering whether to have it now. It's not as if I need to worry about it keeping me awake at night, given the time I usually get to bed on a Saturday

Comment

Working...
                      X