• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Boom!! First contractor in the world with ITIL4 Managing Professional certification.

Now to try get a gig to get the eye watering price of it back.

to myself I think.
    Winner!

Comment

Made it to my parents’ where I was immediately sent forth again, to go to the chip shop for dinner. Ridiculously early dining for me, but very nice

Comment

You'll get indigestion.

It's not 22:00 yet.

How will the Chinese manage without you tomorrow or Sunday?

Just askin' like.

In other news I've managed to stuff even more into the cupboard that hides the coax cable that goes upstairs.

Namely, Yet Another Vacuum Cleaner (the one I bought to use in work & brought home since I didn't see why they should keep it ).

I think I spent all of £15 on it back in about 2007.

It proved very useful when clearing up after shelving being put up in what passed for my office.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 October 2019, 17:12.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          You'll get indigestion.

It's not 22:00 yet.

How will the Chinese manage without you tomorrow or Sunday?
          Oh, I’m heading home tomorrow. Just checking they’re OK and getting a bit of shopping, which TBH they don’t even need that urgently

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Boom!! First contractor in the world with ITIL4 Managing Professional certification.

Now to try get a gig to get the eye watering price of it back.

to myself I think.

and what is it?
            is it a powerpoint thing??

Comment

Out walking the other day and wondered why my Garmin Oregon ran out of battery when I'd only recently charged it. Turned out I'd forgotten to turn it off the day before. The track it created while sat on the shelf indicates the extent of error these satnav things can have:

Either that or I was sleepwalking around my neighbours' properties.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Oh, I’m heading home tomorrow. Just checking they’re OK and getting a bit of shopping, which TBH they don’t even need that urgently
                The lady in the Chinese would have worried.

The evening's entertainment began with "Jeremiah: Letters from the other side part 1"

"Jeremiah" Letters from the Other Side: Part 1 (TV Episode 2003) - IMDb

Followed by "Jeremiah: Letters from the other side part 2":

"Jeremiah" Letters from the Other Side: Part 2 (TV Episode 2003) - IMDb

It was very good.

I would think that waiting 15 years to watch it probably improved things a bit.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Out walking the other day and wondered why my Garmin Oregon ran out of battery when I'd only recently charged it. Turned out I'd forgotten to turn it off the day before. The track it created while sat on the shelf indicates the extent of error these satnav things can have:

Either that or I was sleepwalking around my neighbours' properties.
                  yes, my partner's elderly addled mother has an alarm thing which appears to be far more mobile than she could possibly be.

Comment

Sainsbury’s done

Unfortunately, this was not my shopping. I took my Dad, who is still recovering from his broken hip but was determined to get round the store rather than giving me the list and waiting in the car

I suggested going about half seven, as it tends to be pretty quiet then; and so it was. Took a bit longer than usual, but we survived it.

I’ll stop off and do my own shopping on my way home tomorrow

Comment

my shopping arrived this morning, and was duly delivered to my kitchen.

dinner, <after more bevvy than usual> tonight was a pukka steak and kidney pie.

rather pleasant it was, too.

now watching the remake of 'total recall', which had feck all to do with the Phil Dick story originally, and seems even more distanced in this incarnation.
                      but that's hollywood.
                      lot's of action and SfX though.

Comment

Working...
                      X