• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of spiders around this year. And fruit flys.

Comment

it's a full moon.
      and a harvest moon.
      and friday 13th.

and clouded over in fecking sarf herts.

Comment

The spider had rebuilt the web in the same daft place when I went out to get the jeans off the line.

Managed not to damage it this time.

Tea this evening was M&S breaded haddock.

It was nice enough, followed by more ground rice (BBE 2016 which probably explains why it tastes a bit funny) which was nice enough with jam.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie Tea.

The revised "News Quiz" format seems a bit hit & miss, very dependent on the quiz master's abilities.

Now watching the evening's first feature, to whit "A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)" with Bruce Willis really looking his age.

A Good Day to Die Hard (2013) - IMDb

The story such as it is seems a bit odd.

In other news, the flitter mice are busy flittering about and there's a squashed hedgehog on the road.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For tea, the remainder of the roast chicken, reheated in the oven, with chips and lashings of red sauce. Lovely stuff, and I bet you can’t get it at those Jamie Oliver places

And an excellent full moon has put in an appearance in the east

Comment

It's always impressive when the deleted scenes explain why a film is disjointed.

It was ok but by far the weakest of the Die Hard oevre.

Which is now complete.

I've just discovered that "The Name of the Rose" (Umberto Eco's pretentious twaddle) has been made into a mini series.

The Name of the Rose (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

Every time I read of "semiotics" or "hermetics" I tend to reach for my gun.

Comment

Was looking for a place on Google Street View and there was a nice young lady on a road. Needless to say I could not resist putting the mouse pointer on her bum. Can I get arrested for that?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The soup seems to have turned out well. It's been divvied up, giving six good-sized portions, and is ready for its night in the fridge

Tonight's viewing was the second part of Rise of the Nazis, followed by another BBC war thing titled Operation Crossbow, though it was more about the work of the photo reconnaissance people than that operation specifically. Interesting stuff, anyway. I hadn't realised there was a photo reconnaissance Spitfire still flying. A Mark XIX apparently, now part of the Battle of Britain Flight at RAF Coningsby

The lurgy may have been mostly in abeyance today but I still don't feel 100% over it, so an early night tonight in the hope that I'll have finally shaken it off by morning.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Was looking for a place on Google Street View and there was a nice young lady on a road. Needless to say I could not resist putting the mouse pointer on her bum. Can I get arrested for that?
                  No. But you will have to marry her.

Always worked out well for me.....

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Colder.

17.8 deg in here this morning with condensation on the bedroom window.

Brrrrrr. Winter drawers on.

Comment

Morning!

18 degrees here at the moment. Forecast to reach 23. Clear skies and sunny. Tomorrow is expected to get to 26 but with some cloud cover.

HWMBO arrived yesterday for a brief visit on his way to his next gig. Was meant to meet him at T5 but, after waiting 45 mins for a bus that would take me from the office to the terminal, I gave up and got the staff bus to T2 and did that "which tube carriage are you in" thing to find him. It all worked out well in the end.

Dinner was Tapas at the pub up the road that I haven't been to for over a year. Still got a warm welcome and were recognised by the landlady, which is always nice. Good gin selection and nicely made too.

We may have a BBQ at some point this weekend to enjoy the weather while it lasts.

Also mulling over going to the cinema to see Pain & Glory and/or Bait.

Comment

Working...
                      X