• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fame at last!

Hunt for head-butting cyclist who ran red light and clipped pedestrian | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Show lace broke this morning. I went to buy new ones. £2.99 . The shop only took cash!

Can someone explain to me what this cash thing is......

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Back home rather earlier than expected since the hoi polloi computer room is in the process of doing the needful updations.

Normal service may or may not be resumed this afternoon.

In the interim, M&S breaded haddock (chunky) was purchased.
        You just reminded me (thank you) that I had M&S haddock fish cakes in the freezer. That's lunch sorted.

Comment

Sausage finger rolls for lunch. Very satisfying

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sausage finger rolls for lunch. Very satisfying
            Sausages have fingers???

Comment

The ongoing uprooting onwent.

One big mofo dug up successfully.

It required trenching a foot or more deep, the use of a saw to cut roots, the use of a crowbar, and the use of a sledge hammer to encourage the mofo to mofoing move you mofo.

After digging out the big mofo, the remaining half dozen little mofos were a bit more accommodating.

I cannot now remember if there are more mofos under the heap of detritus from this lot of mofos.

There was a quite lovely dragon fly sipping ?juice? from a blackberry.

It seemed unconcerned at my presence.

I did think to traipse down town to the hoi polloi but it's sunny out there so feck it, I'm knackered and it can wait until tomorrow.

Plus I'm sat here in my underpants in an attempt to cool down after a cold shower so it might cause a bit of a stir if I went out like this.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Sausages have fingers???
                Maybe they did before they became sausages...

Comment

Apple Event pretty much as expected. And the usual three choruses on Twitter: “That was all crap”/“That was all amazing”/“Why nothing about {thing Apple never announce at iPhone launches}”

The new phone cameras look pretty incredible though, which is the main reason to upgrade a phone nowadays

Comment

Lunch included a Pukka steak & kidney pie which was ok, with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons seeded toast.

It was nice enough.

Tea was M&S battered haddock.

It was nice enough.

The evening's first feature was "Die Hard 2" with Bruce Willis.

Die Hard 2 (1990) - IMDb

Now watching "World War Weird" which appears to think that SOE was the predecessor to MI6.

A neat trick since SIS was set up decades before in 1909.

I do love these inaccuracies.

Then the thing about the Ural Mountain trek that ended badly.

Now killing Castro.

They seem to be forgetting that the Mafia wanted their island back in return for electing JFK.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 September 2019, 19:40.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Apple Event pretty much as expected. And the usual three choruses on Twitter: “That was all crap”/“That was all amazing”/“Why nothing about {thing Apple never announce at iPhone launches}”

The new phone cameras look pretty incredible though, which is the main reason to upgrade a phone nowadays
                      i don't do apple.
                      i DO have an I-ron, but it gets little use.
                      and i change my phone when the current one goes 'phut'.

Comment

Working...
                      X