• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Even though I've seen him in loads of things, for some reason the film I always remember David Warner for is Time After Time (1979), in which H. G. Wells (Malcolm McDowell) builds an actual time machine, and Warner plays his friend who's secretly Jack the Ripper. He steals the time machine and travels to present-day (i.e. 1979) San Francisco to continue his campaign of murder, with Wells in pursuit. I might watch that again soon, actually
    Here's a good article/interviews thing, published today, about it: Jack the Ripper, H.G. Wells and, Nearly, Mick Jagger: 'Time After Time' Stars on a Curious Film, 40 Years Later | Hollywood Reporter

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
      The branch in the city was giving them away a little while back, and very nice they were too, unlike any other scotch I have ever eaten
      can't say i've ever eaten scotch.

drank a fair bit though

Comment

Heating was on when I got home, and the flat was awfully stuffy. Living room window opened to let all that surplus heat I've paid for out.

Watching the first of the short BBC series, Rise of the Nazis.

Reminds me of a very interesting book I spotted at a homestay when in Cuba, that I subsequently bought when I got home

The Himmler Brothers: A German Family History https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/03304481..._N3KJDbVPCE3DP

Dinner was a simple chicken salad.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Heating was on when I got home, and the flat was awfully stuffy. Living room window opened to let all that surplus heat I've paid for out.

Watching the first of the short BBC series, Rise of the Nazis.

Reminds me of a very interesting book I spotted at a homestay when in Cuba, that I subsequently bought when I got home

The Himmler Brothers: A German Family History https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/03304481..._N3KJDbVPCE3DP

Dinner was a simple chicken salad.
          aren't all chickens pretty simple??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            aren't all chickens pretty simple??
            GPWM, if chickens were clever they wouldn't put up with factory farming and rise up against their evil overlords

Comment

Tea this evening was M&S battered haddock.

It was nice enough.

Followed in turn by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The first of this evening's entertainment is the not very inneresting "Secret Scotland" with Susan Calman.

It's in The Borders, starting with Gretna Green, then some fly fishing with J. R. Hartley, now hand weaving tartan. Apparently McMillan tartan is hers.

Now 7 a side rugby in Melrose.

Sir Walter Scott's house & now it's sheepdog trialing.

Melrose Abbey.

And having shown eps 1 to 4, that's the end of it, ep 5, which looks rather more inneresting, is nowhere to be seen.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 September 2019, 21:58.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

watching a joan armatrading doco on BBC4.

i'd forgotten how good she is.

senior problems i suppose.

dinner was more of an indian snackfest.
                samosas, badges, small kebabs, dips etc.

Comment

Ribeye steak for tea, with the usual accompaniments; very tasty

Comment

Mostly clear out now; some top twinkling going on up in the heavens when I popped out the back, away from the streetlights, just before

Comment

The evening's entertainment continued with "Clara's Heart (1988)" with that Whoopi Goldberg, happily the last NTSC R1 dvd in that collection.

Clara's Heart (1988) - IMDb

While the region free player was on, I decided to watch an ep of "Jeremiah".

Pity I didn't search for this earlier:

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      And continues with "The Bag" ep of Jeremiah, wherein a chap with A Doctor's Bag poses as A Doctor.
                      Which would have saved me watching stuff out of order, namely "Thieves Honor" being ep 11.

"Jeremiah" Thieves' Honor (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X