• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching the history of the Spitfire on BBC4 now.

i know, but it's still a beautiful thing to my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all

Have you ever subbed for NLYUK, while not holding it correctly and you get the full recoil into your shoulder/chest?

That’s what my chest feels like this morning.

For those who like the details, they removed an oval shape 4x2cm and about 1cm deep.

The neck bit feels fine today, but the one on my back seeped a little overnight.

In other news, client hasn’t signed my contract yet, so I’m watching rugby.
      FTFY

Indeed hope they are benign!

Sometimes bench time can be good, get out there and enjoy the rain, its surprisingly calming if you sit under cover with a coffee & watch to make sure it falls right!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Intermittently torrential here.

Sunny at the moment.

Old ladies & sticks an hour ago.

I'm impressed that Xogg is still doing stuff.

I've not done anything since I retired despite all the good intentions.

Haven't even started building the shed.

And now it's raining, the gardening has come to a halt too.

Was talking about retirement with a colleague today he has 3 years till partial retirement then 7 till his civil servant pension kicks in, he has a past before being in private industry. We were trying to work out what to do, it does seem its travelling, volunteering and contracting are the done things.

I am quite happy to pimp myself out a few days a month so I can go up to town and have drinkies with the boys whilst paying for holidays,
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The last of July's steak and ale casserole out of the freezer for tea, with chips and peas. It really was exceptionally nice; bursting with flavour, one might say

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Spitfire FTW! It is indeed a thing of great beauty

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Spitfire FTW! It is indeed a thing of great beauty
              Indeed. Same here.

Majorly pissed off when the signal dropped out at 22:02 ish due, presumably, to torrential rain somewhere east of here.

Signal strength is normally 100%+ but it got sucked out enough to black screen for about 2 minutes or so.

Turned on the SD rx which has the signal strength indicator & watched it fluctuate up and down for the remaining half an hour.

Missed a little bit about Malta but the rest was ok.

TV began with the Secret Scotland thing with Susan Calman which was in the Highlands.

Followed by "Bogus (1996)" with that Whoopi Goldberg and Gerald Depardieu and that Osment kid.

Bogus (1996) - IMDb

It's amusing enough.

I bought this 4 film selection of Whoopi Goldberg movies and it's turned to be a) region 1 and b) mostly rom coms.

But I've started so I'll finish.

Good to see that Alexa will shortly have Samuel L. Jackson's voice as an option.

Amazon Alexa gets Samuel L Jackson and other celebrity voices - BBC News

Motherf*cker!
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's viewing: an episode of SWAT in which their mission was an extremely unlikely one for a SWAT team, though one doesn't expect much realism in these things. Some good action scenes, mind, which one does expect

And then two further episodes of Breaking Bad: Breakage (2009) and Peekaboo (2009). I find S2 to be a bit of a slow burn at this stage, where one knows that it's building up to a lot of big stuff to come but it reflects the way Walt and Jesse are kind of struggling through small-time crap to get there

No trundling tonight as all the recycling bins have been out there waiting since the missed collection last week, now accompanied by a shedload of general waste bins from a few houses further up whose residents seem to have been let down by whoever normally puts them out and which are now full to overflowing

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Depressing.

Dreadful.

Windy.

Incipiently wet.

Friday.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Quite bright at the moment, reasonable temperature at 15 degrees. 70% chance of rain later.

Busy, busy, busy at work. Having to work for my money, it's shocking

Comment

morning

grey.
                      sunny.
                      wet.
                      dry.
                      in unsettled sarf herts.

Comment

Working...
                      X