• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Apologies for lack of drivel. Its been busy. Monday was a day off - took baby bp to Sun Centre at Rhyl. Yesterday was train back to London and straight into a whole load of trouble. They did not want me to take days off. And work has backed up.

Getting sorted out now.

I suppose it could be worse - they might not have missed me atall....
    and you are who? again?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      and you are who? again?
      On CUK, a nobody.

In my current role I am highly valued. And no-one is more amazed than me.....

Comment

Highlight of the cycle was going over tower bridge at 6am and seeing a clown (with full face make up) crossing the bridge. On a unicycle.

One thing about London. It may be noisy, smelly, busy, mad and full of idiots. But it is rarely dull.
        When I was contracting at the radio station in Bristol, I’d sometimes be passed on my morning walk in by a chap on a unicycle in a suit and tie, carrying a briefcase

Comment

In my current role I am highly valued.
          I didn't know organ donor was a role.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Early and delicious lunch of Scotch broth, with multifarious kinds of toast

Comment

Lunch, today, was baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

It was nice enough.

Met some people up at the viewless point, which is very unusual.

Bought a Charley Bronson epic this morning: Graensepatruljen.

Which, following some research, turns out to be "Borderline".
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Finally got round to Monday Links. I like to be able to spend time reading them. And this weeks set were well worth the wait....

Comment

Made a batch of flat chips up to stage 2, as I need some for dinner tonight and there’s hardly any left in the freezer.

In a startling break with tradition, I decided to make these ones skin-on. I’m very dubious about assertions that they’re healthier, because after all they’re chips, but the spuds were nice and clean and I couldn’t be bothered to peel them

Comment

Just had an unofficial interview for one of the roles. Turns out there's a guy who works for the company who I've worked with before. Friendly chat and means I've now bypassed one of the selection stages.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mundane laundry has been done

Comment

Working...
                      X