• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wife (tm) is having a spa day with her boss - late birthday present that the boss’s husband is happy to pay.

That means it’s me and The Dog (tw) this evening.

Lunch was a baked potato.

Dinner will be swordfish with something, some homemade wine and a desert of pear crumble (made earlier)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Mundane laundry has been done
      I must confess that I've never found any sort of laundry to be anything other than mundane.

YMMV.

Tea this evening proved to be the last of Sunday's roast chicken in that carrots & onions thing I do.

It was a lot better than the Monday reheating in gravy approach.

Probably because the gravy out of this lot was particularly unimpressive in oh so many ways.

Sweet is about to be microwave rice pudding, assuming that I've remembered how to make it.

All finished off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

In other news I discovered today that one can still purchase whitworth spanner sets.

Well there's a thing.

Now if only I can remember when the Rover P4 changed from whitworth to AF, probably around about the Rover 100 at a guess.

Watched the BTVS S4 ep which was out of order yesterday.

It would have made a good deal more sense if it'd been in the right order.

Back in the day with BTVS on BBC2 and Angel on 4, it was so disjointed that it didn't matter much.

In other other news, the rice pudding was nice enough.

I make it in a jug, and once the milk is boiling the microwave is set to defrost which is just right to stop it boiling over.

And 15 minutes or so later, voila, something that's vaguely like a very milky rice pudding emerges, skinless.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2019, 18:11.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just finished watching the second episode of American History's Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley. Really quite interesting - about the Civil War, President Lincoln, the KKK, slavery, Martin Luther King, etc.

Comment

after yet more drama with the addled one, dinner was a sainsburys TTD chicken jalfrezy <reduced>

very nice, as usual.

with a nice Merlot.

now for 'what to watch'

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

now for 'what to watch'
            I'm now watching Natural World - Weasles: Feisty and Fearless. No matter how fluffy the footage, I will never hug a Honey Badger.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I'm now watching Natural World - Weasles: Feisty and Fearless. No matter how fluffy the footage, I will never hug a Honey Badger.
              good that, watched it last weekend.

Comment

For tea tonight, lamb chops with chips, peas, gravy, and mint sauce. Lovely stuff

And while eating, I’ve started watching Inside Lehman Brothers: The Whistleblowers

Comment

For tea tonight, lamb chops with chips, peas, gravy, and mint sauce. Lovely stuff

And while eating, I’ve started watching BBC iPlayer - Storyville - Inside Lehman Brothers: The Whistleblowers
                  watched that the other night too.

am i in a future time bubble from everyone else here?

a worrying thought, really

Comment

And while eating, I’ve started watching Inside Lehman Brothers: The Whistleblowers
                    I have that downloaded to the iPlayer desktop app for future viewing

Comment

I'm quite happily stuck in November 1999 with BTVS and Angel.

Currently "Beer Bad" which really isn't very good.

Now watching "Code Breaking: Bletchley Park's Lost Heroes".
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2019, 22:47.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X