• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched about half of the Lehman Brothers thing; some very shady stuff going on, not just in their fancy Wall Street place but to people in quite lowly positions in far away subsidiaries who dared to ask too many questions

After that, I decided I was ready for a rewatch of I, Claudius (TV Mini-Series 1976), so it was A Touch of Murder (TV Episode 1976), in which it becomes apparent that you really don’t want Livia scheming anywhere near you

Luckily I’d left a reminder here for myself about the first episode:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Decided to watch the first episode of I Claudius to see if I'm in the mood for re-watching the whole thing again. I'd forgotten it's a double-length one - over ninety minutes, so as long as a film

Very good though. In for a denarius, in for a libra
    so I started early enough to still get an almost-early night

Goodnight all

Comment

For tea tonight, lamb chops with chips, peas, gravy, and mint sauce. Lovely stuff

And while eating, I’ve started watching Inside Lehman Brothers: The Whistleblowers
      Awesome tip! Cheers!

Comment

Even by my standards I am grumpy today.

Firstly I woke up - another night of not dieing in my sleep. How many more?

Secondly some **** overtook me and turned left over me. I had to brake sharply and was only missed by inches. I have 2 rear lights and a yellow reflective jacket so it is deliberate. If I meet the **** again I will kill him(its bound to be a him). Very slowly.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Even by my standards I am grumpy today.

Firstly I woke up - another night of not dieing in my sleep. How many more?

Secondly some **** overtook me and turned left over me. I had to brake sharply and was only missed by inches. I have 2 rear lights and a yellow reflective jacket so it is deliberate. If I meet the **** again I will kill him(its bound to be a him). Very slowly.....

Hope your day improves!

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

The white sky is almost down to ground level.

It's at ground level across what little I can see of the valley, boyo.

And I'm off to that metropolis of Swansea later.

<hiatus>

In with the hoi polloi, originallly no one here but us chickens, now the flatulent one has arrived to stink the place up.

Byeeeee.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 October 2019, 09:38.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny, not-very-warm start again

6°C out, 17° within.

I need to go for a haircut later

Comment

morning all

CBS and KB in sunny sarf herts

Comment

I need to go for a haircut later
                  I do hope its not a mundane haircut but an exciting one....

Comment

Morning all didn't manage to get out for a walk as early as I wanted as had an agent phone me with questions and an update - interview may be next week.

Then went out with The Dog (tw) on what is an archetypical Autumnal morning. Clear, still skies, cool air and the crunch of fallen leaves underfoot.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I do hope its not a mundane haircut but an exciting one....
                      Thoroughly mundane, I’m afraid

Starting to cloud over here now

Comment

Working...
                      X