• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Dark. Raining. No wind

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Not sure if get any trick or treaters tonight but bought some chocolates just in case.
      I did not. I have not been CRB checked.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Oh, and I finished the Lehman Brothers programme. Spoiler alert: the bad rich guys get to keep all their money and carry on being bad
        I must watch that. Last night was the apprentice, apprentice fired, and Not Going Out Halloween(which was disappointingly boring).

Got to watch Doc Martin too.

I am currently reading Michael Lewis. Flash Boys. Its about how HFT(high frequency traders) were ripping off all the exchanges. I have no doubt they will keep all the money too....

Comment

Very wet cycle this morning. I am still moist.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            more of I, Claudius. I remember when it was first on the box back in 1976
            It awaits my attention on the bookshelf in the front room "office" of yore, now more closely resembling a dumping ground for assorted computers and electrical gizmos.

That's the office rather that the dvd box set just to keep things clear.

Morning.

Grey.

Drizzly.

Unpleasant.

Dunno I can be arsed to go for a stagger up the hill in this.

The first mundane cottons pass is in the WM.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And here we are again, yet another century.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Comment

I watched another Storyville documentary yesterday: The PM, the Playboy and the Wolf of Wall Street.

Very interesting about embezzlement of billions from a Malaysian wealth fund.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey damp day; though it isn’t actually raining at this specific moment, it looks like it will soon, and repeatedly

Bit warmer out at 11°C though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X