• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another 30 years to reach the age at which my father popped his clogs.

Hope I've gone long before that because being 90 is no fecking joke & 95 is even worse.

After a totally unsatisfactory game of Freecell, I was so pissed off I mowed the back lawn, mainly to get the leaves off it, but also to make it look a bit less like a meadow.

Next door's lawns are, as ever, like a fecking jungle.

I really regret spending that £230 on that fecking mower.

It was a complete waste of money.

Tea this evening is more of yesterday's roast chicken breast and cumberland sausage.

It will be adequate.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My grandmother will be 98 this year and she's right pissed off at still being alive. She never wanted to reach 90. I can't think of anything worse than to keep dragging on for decades. I'd be happy to pop off about 80, if not earlier. Any time after my folks have gone really.

Comment

I want to keep going as long as there’s a Universe to keep going in - I’d like to see how it ends

Just remembered I needed to carve the remains of the roast beef. It came out to enough for eight well-filled rolls or sandwiches. It’s nice and rare, and I sliced it as thin as I could get it apart from a few chunky well-browned bits that broke off the edges for flavour

Tucked away in the freezer now except for some I kept for tomorrow’s lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Tea this evening is more of yesterday's roast chicken breast and cumberland sausage.

It will be adequate.
          Just about.

Once this R4 prog has ended, it's time for the end of S3 of BTVS.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner is using up random stuff HWIMBO left in the fridge.

Televisual viewing has been courtesy of BBC iPlayer. Firstly, Castles: Britain's Fortified History and now The Rise and Fall of Timex Dundee.

Took the bin out, brr...a bit on the chilly side out there.

Comment

the addled one managed <again> to fall over so gently as to fail to trigger the fall over alarm.

and then didn't think of pressing the large red button to summon assistance.

i despair.
              she needs to be elsewhere.
              partner won't request the necessary from the local care <used advisedly> services.
              and i'm not a relative, so they won't readily engage with me.

losing the will to live.
              I Can't Fix This.

i fix things. it's what i do.

Aaaaaargh!

in other news, dinner/tea/whatever has been sainsbury's 'taste the difference' fish pie.
              it's really very flavoursome.
              with a nice sauvignon blanc from suit efrikaa

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                the addled one managed <again> to fall over so gently as to fail to trigger the fall over alarm.

and then didn't think of pressing the large red button to summon assistance.

i despair.
                she needs to be elsewhere.
                partner won't request the necessary from the local care <used advisedly> services.
                and i'm not a relative, so they won't readily engage with me.

losing the will to live.
                I Can't Fix This.

i fix things. it's what i do.

Aaaaaargh!

in other news, dinner/tea/whatever has been sainsbury's 'taste the difference' fish pie.
                it's really very flavoursome.
                with a nice sauvignon blanc from suit efrikaa

No easy way to deal with that

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

thanks,much appreciated.

easy or not, there has to be a way.
                  and i'll fecking find it.
                  <BR14 in full on bloody minded weegie mode>

Comment

WlmS

Comment

Took the bin out, brr...a bit on the chilly side out there.
                      Just been out the back and it doesn’t feel as chilly as it did last night; around 6°C at the moment, it seems.

Ambled up to the Amazon Locker earlier to pick up the just-published (by Thames & Hudson) facsimiles of Booth’s Poverty Maps

Very nicely presented volume, the same size as the London Bomb Damage Maps published the other year, and therefore getting a place next to it on the special shelf reserved for tall books.

Dinner, meanwhile, has been chicken bhuna, not out of the freezer (though two further portions are headed there) with the usual bits. Very tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X