• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning folks

Twas chilly, but not overly so, when I strolled to the tube station shortly before 0630 this morning. Nice to see a bit of blue sky and hear the birds singing even if that will only last a couple of weeks before we're plunged back into pitch dark mornings again.

Comment

Morning all

CBWFB in sarf herts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I bet you did not miss much.

Please keep us updated.
        Apparently it is "a Roman crossbow bolt".

Hail Caesar.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all frost on the ground here, good job I lit the Rayburn last night.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In with the hoi pollo though I'm about to bugger off since this chair is making my arse go to sleep.

Having perused jobserve and total jobs I'm now totally depressed so

<hiatus>

Another stagger up to the viewpoint and back undertaken.

At this rate it'll be the undertakers calling for me.

Another two vanished paths discovered, to whit, the one from the viewpoint to the road along the flat bit, and the one along the side of the leat to the bottom of the dam.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2019, 12:14.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Sardine toasties for lunch, said sardines being packaged in the traditional olive oil, rather than that new-fangled tomato sauce. Very tasty

Comment

Enough leaves have fallen that I can once again see how busy the Polish café is. Not very at the moment, but I think this is usually a quiet spell. People having the Polish equivalent of afternoon tea will probably be along soon.

Comment

Today I reach the age my father was when he died. 56 years 2 months 1 day. Oddle there is about another 28 years 1 month until I reach the age my mother died.

28 years 1 month ago was Sep 1991. White Wednesday had just finished. The city was about to boom and I was going to make serious money for a long time.

Comment

I’m currently attempting to get blocked on twitter by a Devon Tory MP
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X