• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Maybe it is just too obvious to be searched?
    Nope. 77,500 results.

It brings up a big red notice saying, in essence, you can't do this search.

Having done it on this box I'm not altogether surprised.

Having popped down to Morrisons I see they've improved the shopping experience by changing all the tills from the perfectly acceptable old tills to some new fancy crap that the till operators hate, and they're not alone in that.

Improving things by making it worse.

The Strangelove stagger up the hill to the viewless point was undertaken as usual.

Started off dry, then 2/3rds of the way around the deluge returned unbidden.

Stair rods and old women & sticks.

Lunch today was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons pumpkin seed crust toast.

It was nice enough.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea and a beetroot sandwich.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dentist: This is your first time with us. When did you last visit a dentist?
      Me: I’m not sure if it was before I got married, or before we moved to this area.
      D: When did you get married?
      Me: 7 years ago. Moved to the area 10 years ago
      D: Oh.

Then after a bit of prodding and poking...

D: You’ve got 3 fillings.
      Me: Yes, they must be at least 30 years old, maybe 35. (I didn’t say it, but I’m sure my fillings are considerably older than her)

Anyway, I survived. 4 appointments booked over the next 3 months as follow up.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        4 appointments booked over the next 3 months as follow up.
        Is that really necessary? I went to dentist about 2 years ago. They said lots of work to be done - they would do a little every 6 months. Makes it much easier.

Comment

I see the mods have vacated professional forums. Grrrrrrrrrr.

FFS there are suicidal people out there.....
          Congratulations to whichever mod fixed things up. Bet it was cojak. Always doing the needful in professional....

Comment

Is that really necessary? I went to dentist about 2 years ago. They said lots of work to be done - they would do a little every 6 months. Makes it much easier.
            3 hygienist appointments and one replacement filling.

Comment

Congratulations to whichever mod fixed things up. Bet it was cojak. Always doing the needful in professional....
              Sorry, I didn’t get the report through on my phone until I was at the dentist - reported posts come through as emails, so if we don’t check our emails sometimes we don’t see reports for a while.

Comment

Anyway, I survived. 4 appointments booked over the next 3 months as follow up.

Never a fun thing going to the dentist, but as I’ve learned by bitter experience, it’s better to get on top of it and stay there

Comment

3 hygienist appointments and one replacement filling.
                  Thats not too bad then. The dental hygiene stuff can take ages to get into a routine. I floss and use dental sticks every day!

Sorry, I didn’t get the report through on my phone until I was at the dentist - reported posts come through as emails, so if we don’t check our emails sometimes we don’t see reports for a while.
                  Its okay. We know you are as rubbish at being a mod as you are at singing.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    First sausage roll of the day eaten
                    How many are you planning on eating??

Comment

Cold in the flat. Heating thermometer in the hall says it's 19 degrees. Feels much colder in my little office, which is technically underneath the pavement. Popped the heating on for a bit.

Jacket potato was perfectly cooked, always prefer cooking them slowly in the oven rather than the microwave/oven method that seems to always result in a hard lump in the middle. Topping was butter, cheese and coleslaw and a bit of fresh ground black pepper.

Comment

Working...
                      X