• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Turned into a lovely sunny afternoon, albeit with a glorious rainbow over the valley, boyo, there's tidy then butty bach.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

    Comment


      It almost brightened up a little here, but now it's going dark instead

      Comment


        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It almost brightened up a little here, but now it's going dark instead
        Well dark now

        But the apron looks a lot cleaner

        Comment


          Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Well dark now

          But the apron looks a lot cleaner
          is that the mason's apron?

          addled one has been admitted with an UTI.
          partner <long suffering> has been treated to an early slapup in the local italian, and is now going to sleep for a week, or so she says ;-)

          she'll have a few days off, at least.

          my new gig has gorn pete tong, since the end client hasn't the infrastructure to support secure remote working.
          so they shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place.
          my misgivings are completely justified, and from what isaw of their planning, i'm well out of it.
          a total clusterfeck i predict.

          ho hum.
          it's all go here.
          is there a reward for the shortest contract?

          Comment


            Tea has been chicken bhuna out of the freezer, with the usual bits. Very tasty

            Comment


              Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              is that the mason's apron?

              addled one has been admitted with an UTI.
              partner <long suffering> has been treated to an early slapup in the local italian, and is now going to sleep for a week, or so she says ;-)

              she'll have a few days off, at least.
              UTIs seem to happen a lot to the elderly, and come with a lot of unpleasant side effects. Both my parents have had one or more over the last year or so, and they can be quite alarming yet very rapidly recovered from

              Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              my new gig has gorn pete tong, since the end client hasn't the infrastructure to support secure remote working.
              so they shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place.
              my misgivings are completely justified, and from what isaw of their planning, i'm well out of it.
              a total clusterfeck i predict.

              ho hum.
              it's all go here.
              is there a reward for the shortest contract?

              Easy come, easy go. At least you aren’t left in the lurch by its demise

              Comment


                Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                is there a reward for the shortest contract?

                It was longer than a morning so no, I beat that hands down.

                Sorry to hear about the other stuff. <-manly no s


                Tea this evening was the remains of the roast beef from a week last Sunday with carrots and onions.

                Despite there being rather too much of it, it was very nice.

                Followed as ever by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

                The evening's entertainment began with the commentary on Angel S3 E9 which was amusing enough, thereafter being BTVS S6 E12 & 13 interleaved with Angel S3 E12 & 13, this last being where Angel & co go to the ballet. No good shall come of this.

                The BTVS eps started with "Double Meat Palace" wherein Buffy gets a job flipping burgers to bring in the cash.

                Just to make my evening complete, the bluray player decided to flip its lid & not respond to commands so I went & unboxed the spare one.

                Now, of course, it's decided to work again.

                <hiatus>

                Well there's a thing: the ballet ep of Angel was Summer Glau's acting debut, leading to Firefly, Serenity (which I still haven't watched) and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

                And I didn't recognise her at all.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 November 2019, 23:11.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  ...

                  addled one has been admitted with an UTI.

                  ...
                  My grandmother was taken in weekend before last as she was hallucinating like a good 'un. Practically given last rights, family all told to visit, etc.

                  UTI was the first suspect. Turns out it's also caused by low potassium too. She doesn't eat properly (stomach cancer that she'll die with, not of) so after being drip fed vitamins and calories she's bright as a button again and my parents are faced with WTF to do with her as she simply won't eat.
                  I did a stroll around Windsor on 2 Oct for Alzheimer's Society. You can chuck me a few quid here if you like: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lmallen-1

                  Comment


                    Ostrich steak, mushrooms & onion with a light American salad (chlorine washed).

                    Washed down with a nice Cabernet.

                    feeling mellow!
                    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

                    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      My grandmother was taken in weekend before last as she was hallucinating like a good 'un. Practically given last rights, family all told to visit, etc.

                      UTI was the first suspect. Turns out it's also caused by low potassium too. She doesn't eat properly (stomach cancer that she'll die with, not of) so after being drip fed vitamins and calories she's bright as a button again and my parents are faced with WTF to do with her as she simply won't eat.



                      Eating is actually driven a lot by memories, maybe find something healthy she associates with memories?
                      "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

                      I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X